Sentinel Maquette .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will definitely look awesome with 1:6 scales. Problem is those 1:6 scales can't have sentinel pieces on it because they will most likely be smaller than it's counterpart on the 1:4 scale maquette. Right? Ya feel me dog?

Also. I beg someone to do the xm magneto with two sentinels. I want to see those pics.

It will definitely look awesome with 1:6 scales. Problem is those 1:6 scales can't have sentinel pieces on it because they will most likely be smaller than it's counterpart on the 1:4 scale maquette. Right? Ya feel me dog?

I don't want to feel ya :lol:lol:lol but I see your argument my Friend but if you remember that thru the years Sentinels have came in different sizes and in some cases shapes depending on what universe you where reading at the time, that said, certain X-Men have been poised for action on the Broken and Destroyed remnants on Sentinels, so as far as the bases being true to scale IMO is not critical, just saying

Be Cool Hulk
Colossus

I'm glad that so far I don't really care for this reveal. Will reserve final judgement for when I see it at comic con. I would have preferred a less detailed old cartoon style than this more complex movie style.

This thread made me laugh today so far. Pass for now i need a break from the xmen line. The QC has been abysmal lately and has taken a back burner in my collection so far and besides, so much other stuff has been announced has looked so much impressive (to me).

Ordered. Would of rather it been a comiquette over a Maquette. I'm a classic cartoon fan and comics fan. Wonder if we will see other statues based off the x-men movies. Though in the movies I was surprised the sentinels looked as close to the classic Sentinels as they did. I really expected the color scheme to change in the movies. Glad the Sentinels resembled their cartoon and comic counterparts.

I was forgiving of Apocalypses ridiculously small head because he is my favorite character. But this, this is crazy. The Sentinels most important and iconic weapon, their hands, are so small in this they look silly. Im curious why certain body parts on these statues are always so off in their scale.

I'm glad that so far I don't really care for this reveal. Will reserve final judgement for when I see it at comic con. I would have preferred a less detailed old cartoon style than this more complex movie style.

I was trying to figure out why I was underwhelmed by this, and you hit the nail on the head. I thought I would be ok with this sleeker interpretation, but my heart remains with the 80s version.

I will be passing but congrats to those getting him.

This is a reply to my own post. I've seen days of future past.. For some reason I was thinking that the sentinels looked like this in the movie. I am wrong. Guess I was seeing what I wanted to see. What I don't get is why this is a maquette. Galactus is also a maquette. Why? I thought maquettes were based on movies and comiquettes were based on comics.

I like this a lot., but still would of preferred the classic 80s style.

I was just saying to my buddy last year when pre-ordering apocalypse that they need to make a Sentinel.

I like the look of this sentinel. The change of heads is also nice. I'll hold back and try and save some cash by getting it on the secondary market like I did Galactus though.

A tentacle coming out of his hand would have been a great addition. I can't wait to see how the people getting this display it. A diorama with X-Men statues would be awesome but who has the display space for something like that? I'd have to use my dining room table and I don't think the wife would go for that.

I like the look of this sentinel. The change of heads is also nice. I'll hold back and try and save some cash by getting it on the secondary market like I did Galactus though.

Yep me too. Saying if the ES is low. And If they even have one later for this.

I still think this is awesome! The pose could have been a bit better and I hate the switch out head, but besides those things I'll still definitely be buying this

I'm still undecided on this one. This was actually a "must buy" for me before I saw it, and I still like it, but the price is obscene for what we get. The Galactus felt like a better value, for a cooler character at that. The replacement head is worthless to me and will never see the light of day.

The more time I think about it the more I am willing to pass. It's really awesome looking and I want it. But with the new price more than galactus. I think I'm going to pass for now. Do I really care about sentinel enough to pay 1000.00 for him and to take up the little space I have left for it? Not so sure about it.

Back