SDCC speculation and (eventually) photo catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering now if they'll have any new Star Wars figures at Hong Kong Ani Com on next week.

If padme doesn’t show up before then I’d bet she does there. I wouldn’t count on a bunch of new stuff but a couple is possible.

There's a whole generation that is going to be haunted by their past for the rest of their lives.

Still, 10 years ago wasn't the dark ages. Pretty much everyone knew the "internet" thing was big even '10 years ago'. :lol

So glad I don't FB or tweet or IG or whatever's next. My privacy is my advantage.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ragnorak tried to be too funny imo. I didn't mind them adding some humour, but I think some of it fell flat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ragnorak tried to be too funny imo. I didn't mind them adding some humour, but I think some of it fell flat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think it was hilarious the first time, like some true gut busters, but I think when you over do it repeated viewings wear really thin, its the style of humor that only works on the context of having just watched the film right before it

I'm a big Ragnarok fan (better than GOTG2, but not as good as GOTG), but think all the Avenger movies had a better balance of Hemsworth's natural comic timing with the character..

I adore Thor Ragnarok and still find it incredibly funny after multiple-viewings...so I'd have no problem with Waitti taking the helm of GotG3. Failing that, I'd like the Russos.

Ragnarok was definitely funnier than Guardians 2 IMO. I enjoyed both films but I was laughing more in Ragnarok. The potty humor was awful in Guardians 2, Gunn could've left that out and it would've improved the movie.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Guardians were a lot emotional. He did that part flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Gunn just finish the script for GOTG3? I wonder if that means they're gonna start from scratch, or continue with his story?

I see a lot of chatter about Taika taking over... It makes a lot of sense given the similar tones of raganrok and gotg. Also, I would love for Thor to tag along with the guardians for a bit and Takia taking over seems like a good way to make it happen.

He did. Tweeted photo of script not long time ago. If they start from scratch I’m certain the movie will blow.

So far at least Bautista stood up for him. He is a real friend.

It's a travesty that they let him go. I can only imagine GOTG3 is going to now be a crap fest and not at all have the same kind of humor, heart, or comradery that they other two had.

I adore Thor Ragnarok and still find it incredibly funny after multiple-viewings...so I'd have no problem with Waitti taking the helm of GotG3. Failing that, I'd like the Russos.

:exactly: Agreed! I love Thor Ragnarok too - it's one of my favourite Marvel films! :)

For me I think Waititi is a little too focused on comedy. I still thoroughly enjoyed Ragnarok but like my movies to have a little bit more seriousness to them, Winter Soldier being one of my favorite Marvel films. In the case of Thor I think it was a well needed break from his two uninspired solo films.

Guardians were a lot emotional. He did that part flawlessly.

I didn't see that w. GOTG 2. If u mean moments where I was supposed to have *feels*. Stuff that was great in GOTG1 like the glimpse of Rocket's back and dancing Groot got morphed into overkill:monkey3 in GOTG2. I just felt like Gunn ran out of gas so he overdid it and got heavy-handed. Unfunny jokes. Uselessly killing off Yondu for "dramatic effect." Heck, if thought the interaction between Nebula and Yondu had some interesting potential dynamics (not romance) but - nope.:banghead

Also I'd read where Gunn was involved in IW and writing lines for Guardians which I figure explains stuff I didn't like in IW. At least some of it. Maybe.

Respect for the man for GOTG 1 but w. more GOTG movies planned, scripts weren't gonna get easier to write. IMO it's not a bad time for a director change; at least they are not in the middle of filming. And the MCU has shuffled its film release schedule before.

Like Joss Whedon with Age of Ultron.

:exactly:

For me, anyway. Tho there's stuff I like a lot in GOTG2 (sets, Ego, Nebula, some of the jokes, Yondu etc) and stuff I like a lot in Ultron. Don't think any of the MCU movies are just plain BAD.

Exactly. There are things I wish some films would have been done differently but none that I don't still enjoy watching. Every single film has been a blast to see in the theater.

I’d argue the Russos are the only returning MCU directors to make a sequel as good as their first one.

Back