SDCC speculation and (eventually) photo catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have an image of the QS Mark III listed as diecast Mark 7 on Sideshow's site, wonder if there is a Mk 7

The Mk 3 looks a lot better in this lighting than the promo pics

97127F4A-AF8E-4D8F-9050-1DCE2205DAD8.jpeg
1557927B-7BE2-46AF-A7F0-0C13E212633C.jpeg

Could someone with some knowledge of Hot Toys explain why the company produces prototypes of figures they don't intend to release? That Vulture must have cost a pretty penny to design and produce, and if HT wasn't planning on releasing it anyway...what was the point?

If they made a figure prototype then they have/had plans to make it. Lots of things can make that not work. The prototype is often to see how much it costs, and if it’s to high they use it as an advertising piece to not be a total waste. Most companies make them. Think concept car or Some tech that won’t be made.

There’s other things that can make a proto not get produced. The film bombs, the licensor doesn’t approve, cost, the screen time.

That's definitely the QS Mark III, they have the photos mislabeled. They have War Machine labeled as the "VI" version too

If they made a figure prototype then they have/had plans to make it. Lots of things can make that not work. The prototype is often to see how much it costs, and if it’s to high they use it as an advertising piece to not be a total waste. Most companies make them. Think concept car or Some tech that won’t be made.

There’s other things that can make a proto not get produced. The film bombs, the licensor doesn’t approve, cost, the screen time.

Thanks for the info. If i ever win the lottery I'm going to buy the company. Then we'll see an Agent Carter figure.

1/4 scale Mark 3? It better not be a new 1/6 based on the new Mark 2.

I mean it literally says sixth scale figure next to the picture.

I for one am happy to have a Mark III with a proper matte finish. And this is from someone who has owned nearly every version of the Mark III that HT has produced.

OMG!!! SHURI!!! :panic:

Bucky and Shuri and Vulture are ****ing gorgeous! They better release Shuri or I'll riot.

Just because they show it doesn't mean it will get made.

This is way more likely than Vision, Wanda, Shuri, Vulture.

The amount of money spent developing HB means they need to make a ton of profit off it. Releasing it again with an additional accessory is low risk high reward.

Back