SDCC speculation and (eventually) photo catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've almost given up on seeing an Ebony Maw, so I started working on mine. I'm afraid the suit won't look half as good as the Hot Toys one -If they ever made it- but I think the headsculpt is awesome. :p

24g6t74.jpg

Still hoping for them to give this guy a try.

The Black Order would be the most exciting thing to see, but a new quarter scale would be neat too, if only to help me decide whether to get the Mk3 or not.

They are making another Indy movie so that may make them revisit the older stuff. There’s no obvious choice but Dr. Jones really needs some companions or villains.

I haven't seen 1 Indy figure that wasn't destroyed by weak paint or was a ridiculously overpriced custom.

Some of those customs are admittedly really nice though. Honestly, if there were ever a figure to throw all in with it would be Indy in my book. I've never really understood the need to have an equally expensive there will be blood action figure, but different strokes lol

HT have become really tightlipped with regards interviews and magazine scans the past few years. All we have are their Facebook and JC Hong's Instagram.

I'll be there tuesday with a vendor badge. Best believe i'll be half setting up and half watching sideshows booth like a hawk :lol

U gotta give up the goods for your fellows:pray::cool: - we gotta plan how to get the funds for all the stuff we want to buy.

'Course, it could be a big dud (for me). For me no IW Bucky or Okoye or Outrider fig, no amazing Iron Studios reveal, no surprise "I have GOT to have THAT"...

ISSDCC.jpg

Meanwhile, HT has yet to put out 1/6 POTC Barbossa but will prob. do more SW Stormtroopers *sigh*:slap

stormtrooper.jpg

Since this is the Marvel specific thread, I'll try to stick with that: I want to see Mantis, Nebula, Shuri, Okoye, Valkyrie, Merc Killmonger. I expect if we're lucky we'll see one of those and I expect maybe 2 new Iron Man and maybe infinity war War machine and Bucky.

HT have become really tightlipped with regards interviews and magazine scans the past few years. All we have are their Facebook and JC Hong's Instagram.

Because people freak out about it. They say they have no current plans for something and people complain it’s never coming. They say they are working on something and if it’s not announced in a couple weeks the “it’s been canceled” stuff starts. Or they get 8000 emails and Facebook posts about it. Or they announce say a new Arkham figure and people spend two weeks complaining it’s not Drax. There’s is almost no benifit to announce stuff or tease it before it’s official these days.

Because people freak out about it. They say they have no current plans for something and people complain it’s never coming. They say they are working on something and if it’s not announced in a couple weeks the “it’s been canceled” stuff starts. Or they get 8000 emails and Facebook posts about it. Or they announce say a new Arkham figure and people spend two weeks complaining it’s not Drax. There’s is almost no benifit to announce stuff or tease it before it’s official these days.

Somewhat agreed, but to be fair hot toys proves all the time they dont mind fueling speculation by putting out prototypes and stand in figures in their displays that they dont intend to produce.

Somewhat agreed, but to be fair hot toys proves all the time they dont mind fueling speculation by putting out prototypes and stand in figures in their displays that they dont intend to produce.

This....

Naamloos-1.jpg

66 Batmobile to me, is the biggest standout. I try not to get too pumped until I see an actual preorder these days.

While similar it’s not really the same. Any prototype they display that they are unsure about is there specifically to gauge any potential interest and was made to see how much it would cost to tool or produce. An answer to a random question in an interview, or a tease of a raw (think Arkham series joker in that tease years before it came out) proto is not the same as a nearly complete prototype at a convention.

Catwoman and penguin are perfect examples of why any answers they give to questions will cause people to freak out. First they said they had no current plans and people freaked out. Slammed hot toys. Complain about every figure that comes out not being those figures. Fast forward a few years they say they do have plans and people spend the next year asking when they will be shown, why the change, call them liars. And when they do respond to questions about why something isn’t produced or they explain delays or whatever people freak out about that. 66 batmobile is a good example. They made the proto and displayed it with every intention to produce it. After a long while in an interview howard says they are having production problems and people call them liars, want specific details, and get pissed.

Teasing a product you would like to produce, are planning to produce, or are checking interest on is good business. Answering what if and eventually, and random interview questions sets them up for problems.

Back