SDCC passes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what happened?

Are they doing it like Priceline now where you don't know where you're staying until it's booked? :google

Pretty much. Worked like this:

1) Reservations went live at 9AM PT/Noon ET today

2) You could then call or go online to book

3) You had to submit your contact information and Twelve (12) Hotel preferences in order of rank

4) Then... you wait... for an email from them letting you know which hotel (if any) you got.

5) You have 5 days to submit payment information, including payment of one night's stay plus tax upfront.

And what hotel did you get, Dave? Carl?
I have NO idea. And it's been 4+ hours, while some who submitted well after me have already received theirs. That's the problem. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, when it was supposed to be first-come, first-serve.

Shoulda figured. It's always a cluster____. :banghead

Someone on another forum got their's done in about 5 minutes and ended up with a hotel 5 miles away that they didn't even put in their 12 choices!

Oh, and also I am on the list of people who have not received an e-mail yet. :monkey4

Scratch that, just got an e-mail... for a hotel 10 miles away. Not on my list either.

WHAT THE ____.

We got our list in 10 minutes after it started.

They'll be hearing it!

Last edited:
seems they've still not learned how to do this after all these years and all the suggestions they've received on their site. Gave up on even trying 3 years ago. I just get a place on my own - even if it means forking over more money. Saving myself the stress and aggravation more than makes up for the extra $$.

sorry to hear the news guys, the last 2 years I had to stay 5 to 10 miles away. This year I got lucky with their reservations and I will be fairly close. Within walking distance was all that mattered to me.

I submitted with 2 minutes after site went live. I am now 5 miles away in a hotel not even on the list. Something is plain wrong here!

So mad.

Got the confirmation about 5 PM. I finished the application by 9:01 and got my 6th choice.

But last year I was on line for 3 hours and because my network connection wasn't consistent it NEVER went through. So I guess this way is better.

Bodie The Cursed said:
not getting your 1st 5 choices after 60 seconds seems like it still doesnt bode well for the most part Mr. Lickity Split..
Correct. The whole thing is a ____ing sham. It's either ineptitude or flat-out corrupt. There was no "first come, first serve"... it was a bull____ lottery.

Worst of all, there will continue to be zero accountability.

I despise stuff like this, because with any semblance of dilligence, honesty and common sense it'd never go down like this.

I misread the hotel - the one I got wasn't on my list at all.

And I tried a 2nd one with a different email - still haven't gotten a response on that one.

Back