SDCC passes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find a great deal of contentment in driving the 2 hours each way on each of the 5 days and volunteering four hours each day in order to get in free. It may cut my time on the floor, but man is it ever a lot less stress.

Edit - Oh, yeah. An added perk is that I get a new pass each day. And that equals more chances at one of the 100.00 Sideshow gift cards. I have scored one each year I have tried except last year.

I don't know. Personally I think not having to drive/park at all and having a hotel room with a bed and a shower just a few hundred yards away from the convention center is what is stress-free. :huh

I don't know. Personally I think not having to drive/park at all and having a hotel room with a bed and a shower just a few hundred yards away from the convention center is what is stress-free. :huh

I agree, and parking is about the worst thing over there.

I'll be honest I don't remember if I put the hotel I got as a choice. I was trying to do it as fast as possible. But I ended up 8 blocks away so I am very happy anyways. The Field here I come :drink

Seriously, I usually fly in early on Wednesday... pay about $10 for a cab to my hotel, and then I don't have to worry about transportation at all until I leave 5 days later. Everything I need is RIGHTTHERE (SDCC, Pubs, Restaurants, Groceries, etc). Even the nightlife (parties, clubs, etc) is all within easy walking distance.

Of course, that's assuming I don't get stuck in bumble____ and away from the Gaslamp. :tap

So we called up.

The gist of what was heard was that people were getting their friends/family to also submit those same hotels.

Called up a SD hotel and kind of got the same thing.

But they think by May those people will have dropped those extra rooms.

So right now we're still trying to get in and also making sure to keep our list on their site up just in case.

No way we're sticking with a hotel 10 miles away on top of having to pick up our passes everyday.

True...it's really nice to stay at a hotel that has shuttle service to the con or is within walking distance. But if one must stay further away there is tram transportation that tends to run later hours during the convention and is pretty inexpensive. Obviously still more of a hassle (and will cost more), but at least the option of not having to drive in and park is there.

I got my first choice hotel...probably because I didnt aim that high...(so i'm only 7 blocks from the con)...which is walking distance (for me at least)..I think your odds are better with this system if u aimed a little low on your 1st choice.

Its a mess.. And their retarded badge and hotel system are big failures..

VEGAS!! Gives me reason to go there one extra time a year..

The land of Buffets and Butts..

Its a mess.. And their retarded badge and hotel system are big failures..

VEGAS!! Gives me reason to go there one extra time a year..

The land of Buffets and Butts..

It would be like shooting fish in a barrel for all the whores in Vegas.:lol:lol:lol

Dear Comic-Con Guest,

Thank you for your email!

We are still processing these requests and apologize for the delay. We received thousands of requests within the first few minutes that housing opened and we really want to help you. We expect rooms to become available as the deposit due date passes and you will receive communication regarding your request by Friday, March 26. Again, we are very sorry we were unable to process your request right away and assure you we will do our best to accommodate you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience!

Regards,

Back