SDCC passes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess they didnt even have a room 10 miles away for me.. LOL!!

Well, like I said. You had people who had friends/family (whoever is with them) also submit the same list to hopefully get their top pick.

By the 24th-26th those rooms that haven't been paid for will go back up. Who knows how many that will be.

I really hope it stays in San Diego. With Gaslamp right there you have a nice selection of dining establishments. The trolley is a step outside the convention center.

Vegas - some people that attend comic con sweat just standing around. Add in the Vegas summer heat to that... no thanks!!!

Anaheim - Disneyland is right across the street. Traffic would be a freakin' nightmare :horror

Los Angeles - Crap location in comparison to San Diego which has all the amenities across the street.

It will be interesting what decision is made. Where ever it does land I will travel with it. At least SD has it until 2012 :eek:

If it leaves San Diego you can pretty much blame the greedy hotels for refusing to open up more rooms at the SDCC rate. There are approximately 60,000 hotel rooms in the immediate area... but they only allow 7,000 for the con to offer! The rest they jack up the full rates for.

That plus the utter incompetence of Travel Planners is what lead to the cluster____ we have with the hotel situation this year.

If it leaves San Diego you can pretty much blame the greedy hotels for refusing to open up more rooms at the SDCC rate. There are approximately 60,000 hotel rooms in the immediate area... but they only allow 7,000 for the con to offer! The rest they jack up the full rates for.

That plus the utter incompetence of Travel Planners is what lead to the cluster____ we have with the hotel situation this year.

I find that hard to believe. Right after the con last year I tried to reserve a room at the regular rates at every hotel right around the convention center and none of them were allowing you to reserve.

I will agree that Travel Planners is completely and totally incompetent. They've tried 3 different methods in the past 3 years and as far as I'm concerned they've failed miserably all 3 times. If I get in at 1 minute after 9 and still don't get a hotel in my top 5 - something fishy is going on.

I agree, they made it sound like they had it all figured out. I never even got a response back in regards to my reservation submission at 5 minutes after nine.. My brother got his 1st choice and he submitted after me.. Whatever.

Still waiting to hear back from SDCC about getting a ticket refund.

I've sent a bunch of emails and nothing.

You have to call, it's a pain in the arse.

And when the left overs do go up for sale, they jack up the price a small bit. I still would like a reason as to why the price keeps going up in general, to which they never reveal.

You have to call, it's a pain in the arse.

And when the left overs do go up for sale, they jack up the price a small bit. I still would like a reason as to why the price keeps going up in general, to which they never reveal.

Well, how else are they going to pay the ever expanding legions of incompetent, untrained, full-of-themselves goons laughingly called security staff?

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Hmmm let's see... We'd rather lose all business completely than lower our prices...

Whatever. :duh

Let's hope they're smarter than that.

i hope they are smarter than that too... downtown LA would be a 10 minute drive for me... Anaheim maybe 20 minutes... but i would rather spend the 2 hours on the road to San Diego. it is truly the perfect spot for the con.

wow 1st time i never got a room.. new system works great!!!!

Dear Comic-Con Guest,

We are sending this email to keep you updated on your Comic-Con 2010 hotel reservations request.

Your hotel reservations request is now on our Comic-Con hotel request waitlist. Unless you want to be removed from the waitlist, you don’t need to take any further action at this time.

We are continuing to work as quickly as possible to identify any rooms already committed that might not be ultimately utilized. As those rooms free up, we will contact you if inventory becomes available that matches your request.

If you wish to be removed from the waitlist, please email [email protected] with the full name and email address from your request form, and place “Remove from waitlist” in the subject line.

Sold out in 1 day! ouch...

Anaheim is pushing again, guaranteeing rooms to be available for the Con and other stuff like that, such as a bigger Convention center (largest on West Coast for example).

I'll say it again, unless the con and the city of San Diego address and fix the hotel situation going forward then they utterly deserve to lose the con to cities like Las Vegas or Anaheim.

The SD hotels are stupid. Their greed may be a direct cause of the city to actually lose the con, and then they won't get ANY revenue from it.

And Comic-Con is retarded if they ever use Travel Planners again.

I'll say it again, unless the con and the city of San Diego address and fix the hotel situation going forward then they utterly deserve to lose the con to cities like Las Vegas or Anaheim.

The SD hotels are stupid. Their greed may be a direct cause of the city to actually lose the con, and then they won't get ANY revenue from it.

And Comic-Con is retarded if they ever use Travel Planners again.

some of the hotel prices are ridiculous. 2 star hotels want almost $200 a night. F' that

Thank freaking god I have such a good friend who takes care of all this worrying by thinking in advance. :)

Back