SDCC Iron man MK III Maquette will be 1/2 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you don't need to worry...my opinion won't change their mind :)

HEY!..quite you....you 1:4 collectors get your way all the time. Let us collectors with room to display such awesomness get our way for once and live in peace:monkey3. SS DON'T CHANGE A THING!

Chris

Re: Iron Man Mark III Maquette

Nevermind i see it was announced in Chat. Jez. I have been a member here since 2005 and thats the first time I had noticed Chat was on the board LOL.

When will Volumn 11 be available?

I'm still contemplating whether or not I should buy the 1:1 bust as well, or just go after this one. The paint app. has scared me away from the bust, and I HOPE that with a piece of this caliber, SS steps up their QC to say the very least. If they send out this piece with the same lack of QC that previous pieces had, I'm going to be extremely disappointed, more so than I already am as of lately.

Get the bust. If the paint apps are crap, its not that tough to rectify it with an airbrush.

Many IM threads about this new item so I merged the smaller one with this one to narrow it down. :duff
x :peace

Last edited:
I'm ticked! this should have been 1/4th!! :(

I have no need for Iron Child to be in my room. Glad some of you are excited for this peice.

I'm ticked! this should have been 1/4th!! :(

I have no need for Iron Child to be in my room. Glad some of you are excited for this peice.

Too bad his arms weren't extended out but bent at the elbows.

If so, I would've installed little remote controlled motorized wheels under his feet, wouldn't even be visible, and I would've turned him into my own little ^^^^^ named Jarvis and he would've served me h'ourderves and drinks all day long!

Too bad his arms weren't extended out but bent at the elbows.

If so, I would've installed little remote controlled motorized wheels under his feet, wouldn't even be visible, and I would've turned him into my own little ^^^^^ named Jarvis and he would've served me h'ourderves and drinks all day long!

:lol

Like this guy?

Robosapien.gif

I'm not even worried about the Mula Or Size.......

My concern is that he will sell out so fast that i'm going to blink and next thing I know he'll be on Ebay for $5,000....another great deal right out the window.

:( :( :(

you won't have to worry about that.. this isn't a SS product... they are just distributing it.

I'm not even worried about the Mula Or Size.......

My concern is that he will sell out so fast that i'm going to blink and next thing I know he'll be on Ebay for $5,000....another great deal right out the window.

:( :( :(

Yep you could well be right i have the room but if it's $2000 not the cash such a shame bet it's going to be a real beauty. :(

Yeah, this one isn't going to be cheap. Which knocks me out of the ballpark to start with but it will be nice to look at though during the Con. I still have my HT figure to take a nice Iron Man role in my collection.

funny thing is 2 years ago,The average joe (like most wannabe's here) didnt even Know who Iron Man was or Tony Stark...now Everybody jump on the IM bandwagon like he's the greatest super hero ever.

IMO only the Mike deserve this piece and Tetragrammaton at Statue Forum....:monkey1 (true IM fans)

:rotfl sounds like my 8 year old niece if the names iron man and tony stark were replaced by hannah montana and miley cyrus.

funny thing is 2 years ago,The average joe (like most wannabe's here) didnt even Know who Iron Man was or Tony Stark...now Everybody jump on the IM bandwagon like he's the greatest super hero ever.

IMO only the Mike deserve this piece and Tetragrammaton at Statue Forum....:monkey1 (true IM fans)

Kind of like all the Hulk wannabe's that showed up after WWH??? :rolleyes:

1/2 scale is to big...Im praying its 1/4 so it can be displayed with my other 1/4s

I don't think it would look out of place in anyones collection.

It's a unique item which preferably can be displayed as a stand alone super spectacular show piece which screams "I'm a proud primary Marvel collector!" or it can by displayed in the center of a moderate to large scale Marvel collection of combined PF's and Comi's or many, many Bowens and act as the Core Marvel piece which ties everything together.

Just throwing out there a few ideas why I think it would work.

Honestly, I don't think that it's the size of the piece itself which makes one decide not to go for it, I believe its large size makes for an excellent psychological escape mechanism that makes it easy to quickly dismiss the item masking ones frustration that they simply won't be able to afford it.

Which is cool....that's not a knock down on anyone....it's just reality....

Then again, there could be someone out there so freaking wealthy and they still decide not to own it because of its scale.....

You know what I would call that wealthy person?........Crazy for passing this up, that's what!

Yeah the $$$ it not my problem, it's the SIZE J, da SIZE!!!! I could have it, just wouldn't look proper and prolly tacking with all my lil brother/sister PF's surrounding the friggin thing,

So sad... :monkey2

Back