SDCC Iron man MK III Maquette will be 1/2 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd choice in scale since there is little to no 1/2 scale collectibles around. 1/4 would fit in with Sideshow PFs, and 1/3 would fit in with CM stuff.

Gonna look badass for sure, but still an ood choice imo.

I don't think it would look out of place in anyones collection.

It's a unique item which preferably can be displayed as a stand alone super spectacular show piece which screams "I'm a proud primary Marvel collector!" or it can by displayed in the center of a moderate to large scale Marvel collection of combined PF's and Comi's or many, many Bowens and act as the Core Marvel piece which ties everything together.

Just throwing out there a few ideas why I think it would work.

Honestly, I don't think that it's the size of the piece itself which makes one decide not to go for it, I believe its large size makes for an excellent psychological escape mechanism that makes it easy to quickly dismiss the item masking ones frustration that they simply won't be able to afford it.

Which is cool....that's not a knock down on anyone....it's just reality....

Then again, there could be someone out there so freaking wealthy and they still decide not to own it because of its scale.....

You know what I would call that wealthy person?........Crazy for passing this up, that's what!

Man,

why this freaking scale SS, couldn't you have went with a 1/4 scale modern IM instead of this bad ass large size and crazy detailed shiny representation of shell head!?!

I'm not getting it!

Nope....not working....still want it......

Stupid money.....

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Why would SS release something THIS large?!?!?! The majority of everyone's collection's consist of either comiquettes, PF's and LSB's..... This would look pretty out of place in a LOT of collections. Not to mention that this will NOT fall in the majority of the budgets of the average collector. So I don't see this as being a great move. But that's my opinion FOR NOW. Let's see what happens :eek:

It would fit just nicely in my collection!
Its all good! :D

Re: Iron Man Mark III Maquette

funny thing is 2 years ago,The average joe (like most wannabe's here) didnt even Know who Iron Man was or Tony Stark...now Everybody jump on the IM bandwagon like he's the greatest super hero ever.

IMO only the Mike deserve this piece and Tetragrammaton at Statue Forum....:monkey1 (true IM fans)

Thank you my friend. :rock

I'm not a HUGE IM fan like The Mike and other members are, but even I recognize how amazing this piece will be and its potential in a Marvel collection. Now, I have no need to buy a IM Comiquette. (Although, there's nothing wrong with those who own one.) :rock

I am going after this. How could I not? :lol I will be selling things if its gets to the wire because my Iron Man collection needs this piece. Good to know we were right about the Twitter statue but wrong about the size. I will own this behemoth and pose proudly next to it.

Bought.

tonystark.jpg

funny thing is 2 years ago,The average joe (like most wannabe's here) didnt even Know who Iron Man was or Tony Stark...now Everybody jump on the IM bandwagon like he's the greatest super hero ever.

IMO only the Mike deserve this piece and Tetragrammaton at Statue Forum....:monkey1 (true IM fans)

What about true, long-time Robert Downey, Jr. fans? I'm still pissed that he was screwed out of an Oscar for CHAPLIN (1993). :banghead

Chaplin was great. I loved RDJ even back in Weird Science.

weird-science_l.jpg

Two Girls and a Guy was great, nice Heather Graham in that before she was too Heather Graham if you know what I mean. I liked Downey Jr enough to watch ONLY YOU with Tomei. I deserve some bonus points for that. :lol Thought he was pretty funny in the smaller role he had in SOAPDISH as well.

Well, the more and more I think about it..... I think I will want this. Just really depends on the size, AND PRICE of course :eek:
I mean, how tall do you guys think this sucker will be??? I'm also wondering what I will have to sell in order to attain this :confused:

And most importantly, I wonder WHERE I can fit it!!!! But if this thing is gonna cost near $2K, then I'll just have to enjoy the pics :(

Bigger is always better in my opinion...I would have bought this even if it was 1:1 no problem. Why is everyone complaining about room.....just make more:duh
Their is a market for everthing..and everything eventually sell's. SS knows this...these will sell out, and they will sell out fast! Personally I like the scale that they've chosen I hope they start making more characters in this scale.
The biggest thing that will determine this statues success will be the paint app's once again. After the let down that was the 1:1 bust...this statue will have to compete with the bitter taste left in customers mouths by SS's dismal QC. If the first inhand pics and reports of this thing turn out to be negative, SS can count on immediate mass cancellations. I hope SS has learned their lesson from that, for their sake and the collectors.

Chris

Bigger is always better in my opinion...I would have bought this even if it was 1:1 no problem. Why is everyone complaining about room.....just make more:duh
Their is a market for everthing..and everything eventually sell's. SS knows this...these will sell out, and they will sell out fast! Personally I like the scale that they've chosen I hope they start making more characters in this scale.
The biggest thing that will determine this statues success will be the paint app's once again. After the let down that was the 1:1 bust...this will statue will have to compete with the bitter taste left by SS dismal QC. If the first inhand pics and reports of this thing turn out to be negative, SS can count on immediate mass cancellations. I hope SS has learned their lesson from that, for their sake and the collectors.

Chris

VERY TRUE!!! For the 1:1 IM bust price, everyone DEMANDED perfection. And a LOT of customers got nothing near that...... Now if I make sacrifices and shell out a lot of money for a piece like this, it BETTER be BEYOND PERFECT!!!! If not I'll show up at sideshows doorstep myself! :whip

I mean, how tall do you guys think this sucker will be???

Even though Downey is only 5'8", the look for Iron Man was supposed to be 6'. So that means this should be around 30" without base. The base looks to add about three inches give or take.

Ok, you know what..... Every year there's ONE piece that's a MUST HAVE for me. And I think this is it. I will most likely have to flex pay it, but I will find a way! I've REALLY wanted a modern IM statue with the LED's. That, to me, is just INSANELY awesome! So, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for this, be working a lot, and be selling stuff in the future :cool:

i just wonder what I'll be willing to sacrifice :eek:

Height wise he should be slightly taller than Thor. Proportion wise he should be wider but not as mammoth as some are trying to portray.

Back