SDCC: Hotels?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Bergholtz

In the belly of a whale
Reaction score
Ok I know I'm a doofus for waiting this long to book anything, but I only recently became available to travel for this show and now I'm in a mad dash for a hotel room.

Any tips for available rooms in the area? I've searched every hotel I can find and everything is either sold out or several miles away. I'm ok with resorting to one of the more distant hotels if necessary, but I want to exhaust every possible measure before giving up on finding a closer location. Anyone have a reservation you're not going to use (backing out, etc)??

If anyone has any suggestions please PM me. Thanks! :)

I had a hard time too. Have you tried the Travelosity, Expedia, Priceline, etc sites? I found a decent one with Travelosity.

Glad to hear you'll be there! :D

Dangit Andy! We were looking for a roommate just a week or two ago, and we were only 7 blocks from the Convention Center. Your timing is as bad as mine usually is! Hope you find a room!

It's not even worth driving from 5 miles away!
5.gif

Bodie The Cursed said:
Ill bring my SS PF Mummy to sign!! Oh wait it allready is signed!

:lol <LOL!

;)

On that note, I'm more than happy to sign anything you guys bring, but I'm hesitant to suggest anything specific since I don't know exactly where I'll be at any given time. My stay there will be relatively brief, with only one "full" day without any travel. I won't be glued to the Sideshow or DC areas this time (just going as a fan/spectator), so I'd hate to have anyone lugging a Hulk base around the Con hoping to run into me. Maybe I can commit to being at a certain place at a certain time during one of the days, so anyone who wants something signed can meet me then...?

Alright, all you guys who live in California have got me worried about traffic to the Con now.

The closest place I was able to find a room was in El Cajon. Looking on the map it appears to be about 25 miles from the convention center. Where I live that's about a 20 min. drive or less on the highway.
How long is it really going to take me to get to the Con from El Cajon? :confused:

Cocoboloboy said:
Alright, all you guys who live in California have got me worried about traffic to the Con now.

The closest place I was able to find a room was in El Cajon. Looking on the map it appears to be about 25 miles from the convention center. Where I live that's about a 20 min. drive or less on the highway.
How long is it really going to take me to get to the Con from El Cajon? :confused:

https://www.sdcommute.com/

Take a look at the link above to see if there's transport through them. Driving into downtown San Diego during convention hours is a NIGHTMARE!

Andy Bergholtz said:
;)

On that note, I'm more than happy to sign anything you guys bring, but I'm hesitant to suggest anything specific since I don't know exactly where I'll be at any given time. My stay there will be relatively brief, with only one "full" day without any travel. I won't be glued to the Sideshow or DC areas this time (just going as a fan/spectator), so I'd hate to have anyone lugging a Hulk base around the Con hoping to run into me. Maybe I can commit to being at a certain place at a certain time during one of the days, so anyone who wants something signed can meet me then...?

It's ok Andy we will just sleep on the ground outside your hotel with Hulk bases. LOL

Andy, I would like my Hulk pants customized the way you did yours. What time will you be arriving and where can I meet you to have this done? The statue is quite heavy so I would prefer if we could meet somewhere more convenient for me. :monkey5 :wacky

Back