SDCC 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cofphoto

Super Freak
Reaction score
SDCC just announced that pre-reg is this Saturday morning November 14th. You can log in starting at 8am PST and badges go on sale at 9am PST. This year badges will be mailed to attendees who live in the US but overseas attendees will still have to pick theirs up at the con.

Pre-Reg is only for people who attended SDCC in 2015. There will be a second badge sale in the spring, which is open to the public.

Here is the full announcement from SDCC:

Comic-Con 2016 Attendee Preregistration is Here | Comic-Con International: San Diego

Last edited:
Re: SDCC 2016 Pre-Reg November 14th

Wow! Mailing badges? Will be very interesting how this pans out. *Envisioning yet another cluster with their latest "improvements"*

Yeah I'm not sure what the main point of doing the new electronic badges is. I think it's to keep people from copying them, but does that also mean that someone is going to be standing at every door with a scanner, scanning every single badge that goes in/out of a room? That's not going to help speed things up.

You mean SDCC hasn’t done the electronic badges yet? And they weren’t mailed before? I go to NYCC and I’ve always gotten my badge in the mail, and the electronic badges have been going on for the past 2 years now. And I can tell you that it is a nightmare getting in in the morning. Yes, you have to “tap” in your badge to a person with an iPad, in addition to getting your bag checked. It takes at least a solid half hour to get in, with the line to get in starting a couple of blocks down. I heard that they actually started letting people in earlier than the opening time because the line was already a few blocks long. The previous years, they just let people in and just did a quick visual check of your badge. Getting in was no problem at all and if you already had your badge with you (not picking it up at the BO), you could just stroll right in. It seems that they really don’t have enough attendants scanning people in and checking bags. It was only like 4-6 people doing that and it slowed things down considerably because the large crowds had to funnel in to just those few attendants. Admittedly, it’s probably a combination of this new practice and the fact that so many more people seem to attend the shows. Before, I could wait a few weeks before I ordered my badge. For the past couple of years, they sell out in hours!

Once you’re in, it’s not so bad. But you do have to “tap” in and out with your badge every time you want to leave the premises and come back in.

Yep this is the system that they are going to starting with SDCC 2016. It most certainly will slow people down but it should also help keep people from duplicating and scalping badges.

I already feel sorry for the people who spend $$$ on a scalped badge only to find out it doesn't work at the door. Buyer beware.

Yeah I'm not sure what the main point of doing the new electronic badges is. I think it's to keep people from copying them, but does that also mean that someone is going to be standing at every door with a scanner, scanning every single badge that goes in/out of a room? That's not going to help speed things up.

That's what they do at NYCC and more people attend that con now. Having been in that process in Oct, I found it flowed pretty well. They got people scanned in and quickly and there wasn't too much of the crowd building up.

Got tickets for all 4 days and preview night! Since I only got to go for 3 days last year (my first time ever to attend) I'm crazy excited to get the full experience next year.

Got mine just after preview night sold out!

SLCC has been using the FRID wrist bands for a few shows now and I'm not a fan of the scanning process. It's way too slow. They need some kind of metal detector scanner that people can just walk thru and get scanned in. The iPads just aren't sensitive enough to work efficiently.

Neither of my two computers ever got through, but thanks to a little buying group I was in, we got all 4 days and no Preview Night. Thank God.

That's what they do at NYCC and more people attend that con now. Having been in that process in Oct, I found it flowed pretty well. They got people scanned in and quickly and there wasn't too much of the crowd building up.

I would think that it can work well, but seeing as it's their first time doing it I'm hoping there aren't problems.

Would anyone be willing to stop by Neca's booth and grab the sdcc exclusive box set of arcade TMNT action figures? They are only being sold in San Diego for the con. They will be $100 per box. I'd gladly pay someone extra to pick one up for me. I'll cover shipping costs too.

Please, someone awesome help me ha.

Would anyone be willing to stop by Neca's booth and grab the sdcc exclusive box set of arcade TMNT action figures? They are only being sold in San Diego for the con. They will be $100 per box. I'd gladly pay someone extra to pick one up for me. I'll cover shipping costs too.

Please, someone awesome help me ha.

Me too! Can anyone help?? Please!!

Back