SDCC 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for the replies. I have been checking out hotels for the last week but can't get an exact price and that cause I need to wait till after this year's con for the dates to be available since I cant check more than 365 day's ahead. I am planning on coming to the States the Saturday before the con, do some touristy things the first couple of days and then leave the Monday after to come back to Australia so 9 days all up. I am looking to get a 4 day pass + preview night as well.

Thanks all for the replies. I have been checking out hotels for the last week but can't get an exact price and that cause I need to wait till after this year's con for the dates to be available since I cant check more than 365 day's ahead. I am planning on coming to the States the Saturday before the con, do some touristy things the first couple of days and then leave the Monday after to come back to Australia so 9 days all up. I am looking to get a 4 day pass + preview night as well.

Don't forget the Freaks party!

DANG! Trying to bend people over a barrel.

SDCC needs to take over a few hotels and offer good discounts. You'd know that pretty much everyone at your hotel is goign to the show.. so you can booby trap those bastards.
They take over numerous hotels and offer discounts- the list goes up on Comic-Con.org. The problem is that the hotels double their rates for Con week. So, for example, a room at the Marriot is approx $450 a night but "only" $250 a night with the SDCC discount.

:lecture

They take over numerous hotels and offer discounts- the list goes up on Comic-Con.org. The problem is that the hotels double their rates for Con week. So, for example, a room at the Marriot is approx $450 a night but "only" $250 a night with the SDCC discount.

Welcome back Sam! :wave

How do u get one of those condos u guys stay in?

Sam's back! Hope you had a great time! :)

So all the rooms in the hotel are for the convention?

And I figured hotels would do that since they do something similar at other conventions. A crappy hotel would normally be $50/ night but out of nowhere is $115 a night.

And I didnt see any pics of your ass. :tap

Do they take over ALL of the hotels? So basically you have to go through the con website to get reservations for a majority of the hotels or can you still just go through the hotel itself?

I tried to go directly to a few hotels that Comic-con had on their site and it shows up as no rooms available.

I was figuring cause that is a little far out of the ways but maybe that is the true reason they are holding off until the convention center actually scoops them up?

Clearly I am a n00b at this.

Last edited:
I tried to go directly to a few hotels that Comic-con had on their site and it shows up as no rooms available.

Don't worry about that. That's because most hotels won't book that far in advance. Plus, the site is still set up for this year.

Don't worry about that. That's because most hotels won't book that far in advance. Plus, the site is still set up for this year.

No, No I did that earlier this year when Comic-con posted their hotel list. I went to a few of the hotel sites to see if I could book a room and the Wednesday to Sunday availability were gray. So no rooms were available since they were holding them for Comic-con.

I have a relative in SD, i am seriously considering it also, maybe we can hook up Tim :wink1:

Back