SDCC 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillKen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys I am looking to go to Comic Con 2011 next year but I have never been before so I have a few questions if anyone can help?.

1.Where is this Hall H as I can't find it listed on the diagram of the convention center on the comic con website?

2.After I purchase tickets on the comic con website (when they become available) what then? What's the process?

3.I am thinking there will be an Avengers panel next year. would I be looking at standing in line all day to get into it?

Cheers if anyone replies.

1. Its a big auditorium on the west side of the convention center.

2. U buy the tickets online and then pick them up there...they give u the badge.

3. Some people sit though a couple panels before the panel that they wanna see is. So it depends on what time u get there.

P.S.:
Last year when I went, I got to the line at around 11am....was on line for about 30 mins. Then I sat through the Soloman Kain, Zombieland, Extract, 2012 panels....just to see the IronMan 2 panel!
It was actually pretty fun! :D

Last edited:
They seriously need to go the Celebration route and mail them out. Do they make people pick them up in person just so they don't resale them?
Yup...they check ur ID and everything.
I picked up mine last year on Preview night....so it wasn't so bad.
But the next days there were people lining up in the weeee hours in the morning.:panic:

It looks like I'm finally heading down next year. What is the closest hotel to the convention center? I'm bringing along the wife and kid so I'll need somewhere close when he has to go down for naps....or when I wonder back drunk after the Freaks party :lol.

It looks like I'm finally heading down next year. What is the closest hotel to the convention center? I'm bringing along the wife and kid so I'll need somewhere close when he has to go down for naps....or when I wonder back drunk after the Freaks party :lol.

The Marriot Marina I think.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sandt-san-diego-marriott-hotel-and-marina/

This is where I wanna stay.

U also have the OMNI hotel....but theres some serious cash u gotta drop for that one.

Oh and teh Hardrock:

https://www.hardrockhotelsd.com/?chebs=gl_hrhsd

This year's tickets went up for sale in the Fall. That was when I was moving to Houston, so by the time I remembered, they were sold out. I am NOT making that mistake this year. I WILL be at SDCC 2011. Another week of vacation from work also helps make this possible. :lol

It looks like I'm finally heading down next year.

tony-stark-picture.png

:yess:

This year's tickets went up for sale in the Fall. That was when I was moving to Houston, so by the time I remembered, they were sold out. I am NOT making that mistake this year. I WILL be at SDCC 2011. Another week of vacation from work also helps make this possible. :lol

Yup....seems like the hotels are already getting sold out. : /

I'm surprised they will allow bookings that far in advance. :cuckoo:

Yeah...thats why I got my eyes on the Marriot.......they don't have it available to reserve.

Some hotels just say that there no rooms available...could just be that they're holding out.

The Hilton saids Sold out? :dunno

I would be surprised if they are actually completely sold out already. Plus don't they hold a lot of the rooms until it gets closer and open them up.

I will also most likely being staying at the Marriot.

What are the dates for SDCC 2011?

I am planning on going. I am going to save up in August since I remember tickets going on sale in September put I could be wrong.

My problem is the price its going to cost me to go. Its pricey.

And hotels are already getting sold out? Damn.

Back