SDCC 2011 Star Wars Predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope for:

Diorama:

200px-OriginalCarkoonSkirmishSarlaac.jpg

PF:

Chewbacca
R2-D2
C-3PO

1:6:

Chewbacca
R2-D2
C-3PO
Tauntaun

I would want:
Mara Jade AH pf
Boba esb pf
Jabba pf
Han Tauntaun pf
Vader esb/rotj

1:1
Stormtrooper
Biker Scout

Thing i never could understand with SS is why they missed out alot of the main characters from the original trilogy like bikerscouts & snowtroopers & AT-AT drivers just to name a few
They seem to concentrate to much on the prequels & i dont particulary like clone troopers & they dont seem to be stopping anytime soon releasing yet another.
Im sure theres plenty of people out there prefer the prequel characters but ive always been an original SW fan & prefer to have all the characters SS are willing to produce for each of the 3 films
The only bonus i can see from them not making these characters years ago is they will have learned from there mistakes with the early stuff with crappy bodies & bad fitting armour etc....
so there should be no excuse now for some awesome original trilogy figures :)

Hope fett & the droids are announced this year & maybe a indication when we will see a new vader coz im not paying over $300 for the ANH one if theres a DX version on the horizon

I think sideshow has done a pretty good job of balancing between the PT and OT, but certainly the opportunities for reuse on the clones has been a pretty attractive and likely lucrative move for Sideshow.

Dont get me wrong i do love the PT movies they were so needed after such a long break from ROTJ but i wont buy many figures from these films rather concentrate on the OT characters.
I have Maul & would like to see SS to do the battle droids & a ROTS Vader & maybe Grievous, If they are going to do a new ESB or ROTJ vader like they have hinted at they have the means to do the ROTS version But maybe if they do a DX version they might combine all 3 variants in one box???

Is any here making actual genuine predictions? Or has this become yet another "I hope for" thread....?

A skiff? An Executor deck? Grievous (without the promised IG88 first to usher in droids)? Chewbacca...again?

I think SS said its gonna be a "Separatist" thing, didn't they?

I'm holding out for
Boba Fett and Snowtrooper like I have the last 2 years.

Ok...well there will be no Chewie PF or 12"

We will see 12":
Gree
Grevious
IG-88

PF:
C3P0/R2D2
Wild Card - Dengar

Now some people say a "WOW" piece..I could see them showing off the Bounty Hunter Star Destroyer Bridge Enviro...and if SSC was really sneaky they could debut the entire ESB Bounty Hunter Line (Fett, Dengar, Zuckuss, IG-88, Bossk, 4-LOM) Just sayin....

Last edited:
Is any here making actual genuine predictions? Or has this become yet another "I hope for" thread....?

A skiff? An Executor deck? Grievous (without the promised IG88 first to usher in droids)? Chewbacca...again?

I think SS said its gonna be a "Separatist" thing, didn't they?

I'm holding out for
Boba Fett and Snowtrooper like I have the last 2 years.

I based my guesses off what we know is coming. Here's what Sideshow said about Grievous in the June 13th Q&A:

Grievous is a BIG dude. Although he rarely stands fully erect, because he’s always in that very vulture-like hunch, the 1:6 Grievous figure will tower above everyone except Vader (and perhaps IG-88). We are hoping to reveal Grievous fairly soon, perhaps at a very big fan convention in sunny San Diego, or perhaps soon after.

He is coming! :panic:

And the Snowtrooper. Although it doesn't sound like it's as far in development.

We love the Snowtrooper design, a very unique Imperial look. We are actively in development on the Snowtrooper in 1:6 scale, and we’ll even be offering a few related items that may look good along with your Snowtrooper. Pew pew!

they re bound to put out all the modal nodes because all that is , is a instrument swap.

I guess in...

PF:

1. C3-PO and R2-D2 PF.
2. Mara Jade PF.

LSB:

1. Darth Maul LSB.

Dioramas:

1.Luke/Leia in Death Star OR Shaak Ti VS Grievous.

12":

1.General Grievous.
2. IG88.
3.Boba Fett.

And, the first new brand statue in the line of polystone statues ( Grievous or Obi-Wan as debut ).

I'd rather not know...would suck to know and not be able to tell...plus he must know about a product two years before we can get our hands on it. Takes almost a year once we order them as is.

Back