SDCC 2011 Star Wars Predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does the AH version of Mara Jade look like, if they are doing a PF I would prefer her to look like a real woman not a top heavy bimbo.

Heck, I'm jealous of my insider information. It kills me not to be able to run home to my computer to let everybody in on what's coming. Just recmember how much it sucks to pre-order something, and then have to wait so long to get it. Now add the time from seeing something actually being sculpted well before it's ever painted, and way before it's ever up for pre-order, and then tack back on the time to actually have it shipped.

Just today I finished painting one of my Holy Grail pieces for Sideshow, and I know I will not have it in my hands again for 6 months to a year. Give or take a day, it took me since June 1st to paint this one, too. Very challenging, but a treat to be the guy to paint it for sure. I just hope I made you all proud. At least the reveal is going to be very soon.

Heck, I'm jealous of my insider information. It kills me not to be able to run home to my computer to let everybody in on what's coming. Just recmember how much it sucks to pre-order something, and then have to wait so long to get it. Now add the time from seeing something actually being sculpted well before it's ever painted, and way before it's ever up for pre-order, and then tack back on the time to actually have it shipped.

Just today I finished painting one of my Holy Grail pieces for Sideshow, and I know I will not have it in my hands again for 6 months to a year. Give or take a day, it took me since June 1st to paint this one, too. Very challenging, but a treat to be the guy to paint it for sure. I just hope I made you all proud. At least the reveal is going to be very soon.

Curiosity Peaked again! SDCC Revelations just can't come fast enough for me at this point.....

i dig the not knowing... dig the on site reveal... it's going to be a great show.

Fun. :rotfl

I don't think you have anything to fear considering that whatever paint job we get will be far below whatever awesome job you did on the proto.

I don't know about that. I was at Sideshow this last Monday, and I swear I had to keep asking, "Is that the proto or a production sample?", and more often than not, the answer was "production sample". I'm telling you guys, it's getting harder to tell the difference. I've seen several samples of stuff I've painted, and they look amazing, perhaps not 100% like my work, but well above what we've seen in the past. China is getting dialed in. You guys have yet to see final production pieces of anything I've known about for the past year since working with Sideshow.

I'm not trying to take the credit; I'm just saying the game has been up'd in the last year. I joined up at just the right time. This is going to be an SDCC of legendary scale (not a reference to LSBs).

Just curious silent surfer, have you been cramming the ss commisions to geb stuff done for sdcc?

And I still have one huge hurtle to get over between now and then. Lots of pressure, but very excited about it. It's another great piece I've been begging to paint, and that I will definitely add to my collection.

I forgot about the daily reveal, since we only experienced it once so far. I, for one, like the system and am eagerly awaiting July 1st now.

I'll take a statue of this one:
JediBabes.jpg

Oh that's right, they do one a day until the convention? Sweet, I hate long waits. :cool:

Yeah, spread it out as it does make it easier on them during the event. The selfish part of me liked being the first one of many to see things up close but at the same time it allows me to plan things out.

Back