Scratch-built 1/6 Ghosthawk/Skyhawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ross! Its been a wet and windy here in Hastings. I can see that your in London. Where about are you?

Thanks sreamingmetal! Indeed the angles are difficult because you have to deal with it in 3 dimension.

just on the border of Tower Hamlets/Hackney.
Didnt realise you were in the UK, maybe when you are finished we could do some dio pics?

Updates...

Side elevation. I added the mid engine, this will need detailing.

The tail base structure is 90% complete. I need to add the vents/slats and detail with rivets. Very difficult to make this area due to the angles involved.

The left side angle. The engine exhaust will be detailed and added later.

Another angle from the front. You can see the top intake. This is almost finish. I still have to tweak the inlet but the basic structure is complete. Note the thickness to simulate it better.

A closer look at the tail section.

Thats it for now, will update once I manage to do some progress with this build. Thanks for looking!

Thanks Fellas. I know that everybody are busy with their new Cobra Commander including me but I have managed to do most of the tail wing, rudder and the two main side fins. The secondary upper tail wing is yet to be fabricated. I planned to make all the control surfaces workable. Here are a couple of work in progress shots...

You can see the ailerons and the rudder are not done yet. I have made the desired thickness of the wings by creating a rib in between the top and bottom skin to recreate it properly in this scale. The is hard work and need a lot of repetition. It will give the wing strength and at the same time being light.

Another view.

Here are the two main side rudder. Again this is recreated to scale thickness.

The right and the left parts. The rudders are both detached at the moment. I will make this workable.

Here you can see the scale thickness and the "curve" of the wing.

A closer view...

Mock up of the tail section. This is how it roughly looks. I have to add detail to the tail then make the main root and attached the tail wings and fin. You can see the cross section of the wings itself.

I have also managed to complete the housing of the main landing skid.

Another view of the tail assembly from the front.

View from the top.

Here is the model as it stands. I never have thought that there are a lots of wings and control surfaces in this aircraft. Until the next update.:wave

Thanks mate!

The landing skid's support structure is almost done (needs detailing). This is attached temporarily to the fuselage via the support structure/housing. Basic shape of the skids are done. This needs to be thickened more and details will be added. Again this is just a mock up to see alignment and scale check as well as trying to see the overall look of the model. I know its far from finished but the basic shape is there. I anticipated the model will be tail heavy but will be ok once I welded both skids in place. I'm using some sweet potatoes for counter balance.:lol:lol
Here are some progress shots. thanks for looking!

WOW, this thing keeps getting better and better! Thanks for the update! If you get the time I would love to see a Joe standing next to it!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Back