Scratch-built 1/6 Ghosthawk/Skyhawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pacemaker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi fellas. Just sharing my WIP 1/6 Ghosthawk/Skyhawk. Im not an expert on GI Joe but growing up in the 80's, this is one of my fav toys. Being a scale modeller for 25 years (armours and aircraft 72nd, 35th and 48th scale) its getting to a point were its becoming boring to me. So for the past 3-4 years I've been collecting 1/6 figures particularly this line. I have no experience working at this scale let alone figures and customising. All your work here is amazing.

Here is my work in progress.....1/6 Ghosthawk/Skyhawk. Not as accurate as the classic. I added my own extra detailing. Hope to capture part of the classic and newer version. I will be adding WIP's photo as time and work on the model permits.

I have worked my way from inside out. Doing the monocoque cockpit will allow me to set the scale right. You can see the ribbing to support the outside "skin". After this I will super detail the cockpit and the rest of the model.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I know Firefly is the wrong chap to sit on it but this is just for scale check purpose. I have a hard time posting the pictures trying to go back and fort getting the links right but hopefully i will get the hang of it. Need advice and expert help on this project. Comments good and bad will be most welcome.

Nice start.Can't wait to see this thing finished.Any chance you will be making more of the smaller vehicles?Would love to see a Cobra Fang also.

This is super cool man. I can already see your attention to detail just in how you have started the frame. Looking forward to seeing more.

Its a slow build but I have managed to complete the side panels. I decided to alter minor shape to break the "boxy" look but not enough to stray away from the concept. There is a long way to go but my priority is to complete the basic structure then start to add details to it. Here are some of my progress shots.......

Here you can see the "thickness" to simulate the cockpit proportionally. I will further detail the floor and the intake funnel then the whole pilot seat. The intake panel on top of the cockpit is still open in order for me to allow further detailing.
picture.php

Full frontal view. The whole design needs to be accurate because minor angle difference will show up and cause misalignment. After adding the outer panel it looks much "square-ish" and proportional. You can also see the angle I have added on the bottom side to break up the monotone and give it a more aggressive look.
picture.php

Side view showing you the detail of the rear of the front part. This is very difficult because of the panel angle. This needs to be accurate in order to make it look good. This is just the basic shape. Its not complete yet.
picture.php

Right and Left quarter view of the rear showing the angulation of the panels. This is still open and needs a lot of work. I left the base of the tail underside open to allow the mounting of the third engine.
picture.php

picture.php

This is all for now....stay tune.

Pacemaker, it's looking incredible so far!
All those compound angles must be driving you nuts! :lol

Really looking forward to seeing more progress updates. :clap

Back