Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While i would have liked an R rating so they could go all out with disturbing imagery I totally understand the PG-13 rating since the books are technically for children.

Cool cover , I wonder when the reviews are coming out? I’m definitely seeing it this weekend no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes very excited to see this tonight

WOW this was amazing. This will undoubtedly become a new Halloween tradition for many. Scary, gross, funny, exciting. Unfortunately the main bookend story and main character (the girl) are not the most interesting part of the movie. So when the movie is wasting time plotting with her it’s not at its most exciting. BUT it more than makes up for that with everything else. Each scare set piece is set up so well and executed perfectly. Harold, the pale lady,and the jangly man will be in many young kids nightmares for a long time to come. Perfect movie for kids curious about horror.

WOW this was amazing. This will undoubtedly become a new Halloween tradition for many. Scary, gross, funny, exciting. Unfortunately the main bookend story and main character (the girl) are not the most interesting part of the movie. So when the movie is wasting time plotting with her it’s not at its most exciting. BUT it more than makes up for that with everything else. Each scare set piece is set up so well and executed perfectly. Harold, the pale lady,and the jangly man will be in many young kids nightmares for a long time to come. Perfect movie for kids curious about horror.

Yes I felt the same way, all the easter eggs for fans really made it sweet as well. What I can tell is that the only difference it had from the one I saw in June was improved CGI, especially the spider scene.

So its "safe" scary...? Like "It"?

My wife hates horror movies and has rarely seen one. I'm quite certain she has never actually seen Halloween or Alien or any Freddy or Jason movie. Jaws is the closest she's come to a horror movie. She watched the beginning of "It" and its all she could take but she talks about it all the time. Maybe this movie is safe for her?

It is a hard one to judge. Think TrickRTreat, meets DRAG ME TO HELL, meets goosebumps, meets IT. I was shocked at some of the violence and gore in this one. Although there is almost no blood in the demise of the characters, it is still visceral and violent AND GROSS. The jump scares are top notch. BUTTTT add in a couple very cgi ghosts, kids being kids, and the overall Scooby doo esque ghost stories makes this a great movie for daring kids interested in horror.. The movie doesn’t focus much on the suffering of the victims , or the aftermath of the “deaths” so the more mature themes are left out also making it good for kids. I will say though, Harold got me. What he did to that kid geeessssshhhhhhhhhh. I loved it.

Back