Scar predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This things looks amazing... I'll be picking up the EX and probably a normal ver too for when this sky rockets in value in the future.

:lecture I think the people trying to collect this line want a statue, not a toy. NECA figures simply won't do. :nono

Let's compare :)
Neca:
Bigger
Better sculpt - that is not debatable btw
Better paint aps
Better detailing with separate netting
All at about one quarter the price at original retail

Sideshow:
Made of polystone.......

Hmmmmm. Until SS puts out a better product than the "toy" companies the choice seems easy. But by all means spend your money as you see fit.
The more people that hand over three hundred bucks for these things the more we can expect this level of quality going forward.

What looks off are the helmets of this line. None of them are beign well done. In this case, the armor looks a perfect rendition of the original but the helmet looks stretched out to accomodate the dreads. Call me picky but that doesn't look good to me. The shape of the Elder´s head is made too big too, the body is perfect again but the head is made big to hold the dreads.

As I'm a big-time predator sucker I'll be eventually getting all of these (minus the P1, that one looks terrible), but sometimes certain design decisions at Sides pisses me off.

Let's compare :)
Neca:
Bigger
Better sculpt - that is not debatable btw
Better paint aps
Better detailing with separate netting
All at about one quarter the price at original retail

Sideshow:
Made of polystone.......

Hmmmmm. Until SS puts out a better product than the "toy" companies the choice seems easy. But by all means spend your money as you see fit.
The more people that hand over three hundred bucks for these things the more we can expect this level of quality going forward.

For me a NECA isn't an alternative option to a statue. That said NECA is nice on it's own. This line is failing though. The P1 failed to meet expectations and then failed some more. Now this... Scar is the worst pose I've seen out of Sideshow. Not sure what they were thinking.

I hate the pose on this, it just god awful but can understand why some may like it. So far this line has been very underwhelming. I am only getting the wolf because the headsculpt looks great and I am a huge fan. If the elder comes out with horrible QC issues....it may be a cancel on the wolf even for me.

He never even does this pose on the movie. Does he? I would even understand if he did it in the movie.

Pose looks great, dreads look like crap. Even McFarlane did a better job with his forced-pose dreads.

Wolf, P1, and P2 Elder are okay but the latter two of those are still inaccurate (P1 with body shape and both headsculpts, P2 Elder with accessories). It's amazing Wolf turned out so accurate because Sideshow's crapping all over the Predator design with the rest of the line. I don't even like the P2 LSB to be honest. Cheap-looking paintjob that's so flashy and orange it looks like a fanmade piece.

EDIT: Just saw Fu_Manchu's post and he's right about the crappy helmets. Looking back, the Predators statue line looked underwhelming too. I'll tell you, that collaboration with SWS on the old 1:1 bust and 1:4 maquette was the single best thing Sideshow ever did for this character.

i just want a good predator to go with dutch pf or my sano alien. But even the pred maquette is not in scale with dutch pf, and sano alien is 1/5 so again different scale.

this is a fail all around argg..

Pose looks great? LMFAO Didn't read any further. :lol

It has more of a triumphant warrior vibe. After seeing one of the ancient Predators in the movie hold up his spear and bump his chest victoriously, I don't see why this is considered such a far cry for the character. It's not the best pose in the world, but far better than some of the other crap Sideshow's put out recently. IMO of course.

i just want a good predator to go with dutch pf or my sano alien. But even the pred maquette is not in scale with dutch pf, and sano alien is 1/5 so again different scale.

this is a fail all around argg..

i feel your pain, they not in scale! :gah:

This is the WORST pose out of any of the Predators SS has done so far and any piece SS has done that I have seen for that matter. That's my opinion. It doesn't look like a victory pose. It just looks silly.

I don't know why everyone is so pissed off with the pose.

Its pretty classic Predator to me, arms out stretched screaming to the heavens in victory.

This is the pose i'd like to have seen the P2 in.

Back