Saya's paint work and customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRODY!........ I used both acrylics and pastels. the glasses were superglued on at the ear. another fantastic sculpt by spenser, it was great fun to paint. :)

IMG_1608-2.jpg

IMG_1606-1.jpg

thanks always for looking guys :D

This is awesome! I didn't even know who "Brody" was, but when I saw the picture, I said: "Wait. That's the guy from Jaws!!!!!"

And I didn't even see that you posted Quint!!! Again, I didn't even know that was his name! I saw the paint up and said, that's the Shark Hunter that owns the boat!!! :rock

When someone like me, who knows nothing about the characters from Jaws, can recognize the characters from Jaws, you know you did a good job, Saya! :rock :lol That's fantastic work to say the very least. I wish I had that kind of talent and patience!

Saya, I want some Buffy pieces to critique! Where are those customs?

And I just realized, but are you making the face sculpts as well?!?

Havent done any Buffy yet :) But No these last two are Spenser's Head sculpts. I just started painting in January of this year and when I started I was pretty BAD. I have improved a lot but still have a long way to go. :)

you've come on leaps and bounds since your first paint job. keep up the great work :rock

Oh, so that's who Spenser is. I didn't know who that was. I thought it was someone from Jaws. :eek: :lol

I have to be honest in that I'm not too familiar with these characters, so I really want a Buffy character posted. Then, I'll give a full page review of my likes and dislikes because I'm A LOT more familiar with those people!! (Well, maybe not a page. :lol)

I petition that your next piece should be a Buffy character!!!!

:lol Im afraid I'll ruin one of my treasured Buffy fig. buuut maybe....:) altho I have a Selene hs to paint next. you DO know who that is right? :lol
you should check out Spenser's site he makes a great Mal head sculpt.

you've come on leaps and bounds since your first paint job. keep up the great work :rock

Agreed. You're consistently improving. I was just checking out the first few pages in this thread and then looked back to the recent pictures/posts of work and it's clearly evident that your technique and all-around talent has approved. The skin tones and eye work are some of your strong points in my opinion.

My favorite piece you've done is MacReady from The Thing. (Again, I've never seen that movie either. :eek:) That piece stands out among all of the rest IMO.

:lol Im afraid I'll ruin one of my treasured Buffy fig. buuut maybe....:) altho I have a Selene hs to paint next. you DO know who that is right? :lol
you should check out Spenser's site he makes a great Mal head sculpt.

Selene from Underworld....YES!!! :rock

What's the ETA on that one?

I said it back a long tie ago, girl that you will be painting other peoples heads for them sooner than later if you wanted to take that up. And you would of course give me a discount cause Im the man.;) But it is truely awesome to see you evolve and to see how far you have come. You are only going to get better. :)

Hey, nice job on the Jaws heads, Saya! You've really been coming along and have been growing more with each project. Keep it up!:banana And if you ever feel like doing any wild head painting experiments, you should make sure you use one of Morbachs heads so you don't ruin one your own! :lol :lol :lol
-Rick ;)

Back