Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys....is this wrist removeable? I think you run the risk of damage if you pried it apart, because the arm must have been glued together at the time it was manufactured....

cd281319.jpg

Jason, a great apes sculptor, would love to sculpt some 1/6 scale Rise statues. He's talked about the four apes standing on the bus and Koba.

We were chatting about just the 1/6 heads, but I told him we collectors really need the full bodies.

I would imagine that Caesar and Koba would be the most popular. Because of Koba's unique look, I really want that one first. He also wants to make Maurice and Buck standing upright.

He estimates the chimps would be 9 to 10 inches tall. I think the 1/6 scale max height (for a 5.5 foot tall chimp) would be 11 inches.

He said if there is enough interest, he can start. He estimates at least $75 a statue.

If you think I should start an official "Interest thread" let me know. But I thought this was the best place to start. :)

The way this board runs, you may have to move it over there eventually.
Regardless, I for one, have little interest in statues. They just don't fit into my 1:6 collection. Heads, yes, but not statues.

I understand that. I've even sold off some of my statues.

I wondered if I could articulate my statue by adding joints.

If the statue idea doesn't sell, Jason wants to at least make 1/6 scale Rise ape heads.

He said if he could get just six people interested in a Rise ape statue (about $75), he would spend his time and money to sculpt and cast them.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll head over to the "Interest thread."

I thought several years back of a POTA reimagining. It basicly was set around what if the virus that killed off all the dogs and cats had "long term" effects on other living things. Maybe just in isolated areas. Maybe enhanced effects after the simian/human war. Eitherway, it led to an area where Burke & Virdon went exploring to find a city of apes......ZOMBIE apes!!
I couldn't figure out how to properly zombie an ape, and was too chicken to destroy one from my collection to see what could be accomplished.
You, sir, have shown just how great it can look when done.
Kudos! :bow
QUOTE]

Can you tell I like your idea? :hi5:

403511_329358277137404_100001897042048_835602_997246215_n.jpg

Thank you. :monkey3

super cool!

The sequel to "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" will be called....

"Dawn of the planet of the Apes"

Here is a link and details:

https://www.firstshowing.net/2012/fox-dates-x-men-first-class-2-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-more/

GREAT title to the sequel!

And I'm glad they are not rushing to get it to theaters. Burton's reboot was rushed to make a release date and look what happened.

Of course that was nothing compared to the grind of the original saga where we had a new Ape film EVERY year! (not counting the extra year it took to get the first sequel Beneath of the ground)

Back