Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know,there are a number of talented sculptors here;there has to be at least one that would be willing to work something up for you for reasonable compensation. You have but to ask...PS

Yeah...that sculpt with Z never happened. Oh well. So you just have to get cracking, IM. Maybe it may take a few years...but you will get better with each sculpt. You've got to channel your frustrations into your sculpting with the intent to gain what you want. It's better for you in the long run.

Yeah, I'm learning that. I've had so many people say that they will sculpt or sew something then I wind up waiting and waiting and eventually have nothing because they either forgot completely or moved on to someone elses wants.
Thats why I'm trying to get started in sculpting but it would be YEARS before I could achieve what others can.

yes. but in the years you are waiting you are also developing your skills. so you are essentially killing two birds with a ricochet.

I know this is an old post, but does anyone have this Apethoven face I could purchase?

If I ever have time, I want to make an Albino gorilla general. I need an aged and experienced face but can’t sculpt.

The new Boom comics show the original soldier uniforms and some new stuff. I gave it a chance, because I needed to feed my inner ape. ;)

I think I may a copy of this Apethovan ape mask and/or head... I'm going to be going through my stuff again soon. Some folks have already written me wanting ape heads and statues. If interested let me know...

Hey Angel!
Nice to see you back in the City!
If you're casting up Caesar statues again or headsculpts PLMK.

POTAMerryChristmas02.jpg

Damn I wish I had known about these HT figs when they first went up for sale!!!!! Im surprised that they started with the gorillas as opposed to the 2 main chimps and good ol' Dr. Z. Now THAT would be quite the set and a definite 3 figure purchase if they ever got around to it!

...in the meantime if anyone has these current HT apes for sale at a reasonable price PM me!

Damn I wish I had known about these HT figs when they first went up for sale!!!!! Im surprised that they started with the gorillas as opposed to the 2 main chimps and good ol' Dr. Z. Now THAT would be quite the set and a definite 3 figure purchase if they ever got around to it!

...in the meantime if anyone has these current HT apes for sale at a reasonable price PM me!

:lecture:lecture:goodpost:
But sadly, HTs are lacking when it comes to releasing sets of figures. They just seem to make one or two from the movie and then move on to other things. Im still waiting for more HTs planet of the apes figures but I doubt we will see any anytime soon, if ever. Even though HTs said there would be more, but that was years ago now.:monkey2

Yes it was quite a long time ago that they hinted there would be more. I am still holding out hope because their original apes announcement came out of nowhere.
It would make a great Christmas present to collectors.

Apey Christmas everyone!!

Here's my nativity set in Ape City...no barn animals yet so these Pokemon and carved soapstone hippo are standing in...
DSC08026.jpg

The enormity of this project is astounding, so I have to chip away at it every year....I never realized that the angel is so big compared to these 1:6 figures. Makes the angel even more impressive!! I have to figure out a way to cure that sculpey on the angel's face...before it cracks. It's just that I have a bird phobia and the real feathers on the wings creep me out. I had to cover it with foil when I was sculpting the angel a few years ago. I was really scared to hear the feathers rustling under the foil in the middle of sculpting it...really freaked me out....but I had a vision and it had to be done somehow.
DSC08025.jpg

Closeup of baby:
DSC08017.jpg

I hate using flash, but my photos were coming up so blurry because my lighting sucked....
DSC08007.jpg

Here's Cornelius thinking...Christ. What did we get into? har har. sorry---(and that's when lightning struck....)
DSC08021.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys...for the first time ever last night....I watched Galaxy Quest. I know it's not ape related....but I can't believe I've never seen it before. There's a bunch of others I have not seen either...like Star Wars...so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise...but I was told it was a great movie and someone lent it to me. Someday I would like to make customs of this movie.

Really funny film. The only thing that would have made it better would be to replace the cast with the actors from Star Trek TOS. Imagine them playing themselves as actors and being thrust into the situation in the film. I would have loved to see George Takei's hatred of Shatner on the big screen played for laughs, now that would be a hoot!

I loved Galaxy Quest. The aliens were awesome (as people) and Ms Weaver looked great as a blonde.
What's Star Wars? I never seen it either... just bits and pieces.

Back