Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skeletons from GO Hero??? Is that the "Sinbad" skeletons?

Yes, the Ray Harryhausen "Sinbad" Skeletons. You can see the photos here.

You can check the Evil Glow Exclusive by Zoloworld here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68083
some great picks around page 15.

This one will be different from the Regular skeleton's that SS is offering with Ex. matte Glow aura, Exclusive Head sculpt, Exclusive shield, and more.

To me, this is what the old SS used to be. Just look at the TLC gone into these figures. I've looked for a decent skeleton for years. It's tough to get something like bones to have articulation, with minimal joint exposure, and great paint aps. Take a look at him and let me know what you think.

PZ, your son has excellent taste...what can I say but congrats.

dsc02709l.jpg

dsc02713.jpg

dsc02714a.jpg

These are funny pictures Jessica. Did Zira find a new buddy?

These figures remind me of the Old SS, when the sculpts were solid, and the finished product close to the prototypes. Now adays, the figures seem almost Cartoony. A sign of the Manga figures to come? Count me out. :(

You think the Indiana Jones 1/6 figures are cartoony? :confused:

You think the Indiana Jones 1/6 figures are cartoony? :confused:

No, Indy isn't cartoony, unfortunately he suffers from bobble head syndrome. He doesn't look good on the Prometheus body. He appears too short and the body is ridiculously loose, which was another downer in itself. I have him standing with the Idol environment. I've seen body mods where he looks great, but that shouldn't have to happen when a figure is sold at a high price value. I'd give him a B. I would have to say Darth Vader is probably my latest SS favorite, and then the Rebel Fleet troopers. :cool:

Yes, the Ray Harryhausen "Sinbad" Skeletons. You can see the photos here.

You can check the Evil Glow Exclusive by Zoloworld here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68083
some great picks around page 15.

This one will be different from the Regular skeleton's that SS is offering with Ex. matte Glow aura, Exclusive Head sculpt, Exclusive shield, and more.

To me, this is what the old SS used to be. Just look at the TLC gone into these figures. I've looked for a decent skeleton for years. It's tough to get something like bones to have articulation, with minimal joint exposure, and great paint aps. Take a look at him and let me know what you think.

Those skeletons are very cool. Especially the photos with the sword and shield! Those Sinbad movies live on through these toys! How many did you pick up? Will they be moving around in any upcoming movie shorts?

Those skeletons are very cool. Especially the photos with the sword and shield! Those Sinbad movies live on through these toys! How many did you pick up? Will they be moving around in any upcoming movie shorts?

Hi there Angel,

My total order consists of:

-3 Pack with Exclusive Shield from Go Hero
-Charon/Perseus 2 pack Exclusive from Zoloworld
-Evil Glow Skeleton Leader (almost the same as the regular skeleton but has unique head sculpt. It also has glow material inside the plastic and then was sprayed with glow material on top of figure, so it has extra glow life and ability. :))

That will give me a total of 5 skeletons. Both Charon and Zoloworld Skeleton have glow ability and exclusive head sculpts and shield. Another freak suggested switching Charon's cloak onto a regular skeleton that way giving 2 glow skeletons. :google

I'm hoping to have a total of 7 like in the film. :monkey3
Yes, hopefully these bones will be moving in my next short. Which reminds me...

IM, any luck on that POTA script?:monkey5

IM, any luck on that POTA script?:monkey5

I reread what I had written and, quite frankly, didn't like it. I know the way that things are it is fairly inevitable not to sound similar to another existing piece, but I want to try and avoid as many "already done" or "that sounds like" areas as possible unless done as an intended homage. To that end, I am starting over.

I reread what I had written and, quite frankly, didn't like it. I know the way that things are it is fairly inevitable not to sound similar to another existing piece, but I want to try and avoid as many "already done" or "that sounds like" areas as possible unless done as an intended homage. To that end, I am starting over.

Sounds good buddy, keep working on it and let me know. I'd love to get your story out there.

Hi there Angel,

My total order consists of:

-3 Pack with Exclusive Shield from Go Hero
-Charon/Perseus 2 pack Exclusive from Zoloworld
-Evil Glow Skeleton Leader (almost the same as the regular skeleton but has unique head sculpt. It also has glow material inside the plastic and then was sprayed with glow material on top of figure, so it has extra glow life and ability. :))

That will give me a total of 5 skeletons. Both Charon and Zoloworld Skeleton have glow ability and exclusive head sculpts and shield. Another freak suggested switching Charon's cloak onto a regular skeleton that way giving 2 glow skeletons. :google

I'm hoping to have a total of 7 like in the film. :monkey3
Yes, hopefully these bones will be moving in my next short.

Awesome Stickman! Who do you think they'll be fighting?

Umm...so has there been any indication HT will make additional POTA figures?

I sure hope so. I would love to pick up more apes and even a human or two. It would be nice to have Cornelius, Zira, Zaius, and Taylor rebooted by HT.

Which of the regulars here has the most HT apes? I'm thinking it's Stickman, because he wants them to make movie shorts.:family

I think my Tribunal is finally done. I only need to spray it with a matte gloss and then I believe I'm 100% done. :clap

As of right now, I'm not sure which unfinished project I should tackle next. :huh

I have found myself with 8 of the HT's. Sure wish they were easier and cheaper to find, especially just the gorilla soldier. What a great garrison builder!

I have found myself with 8 of the HT's. Sure wish they were easier and cheaper to find, especially just the gorilla soldier. What a great garrison builder!

Holy Crap! Really Ironman?! 8, wow! You must be working once again. I wonder how many Stickman has. I have zero...

What's the best price you ever found on one?

I was working before the Holidays and, in hindsight, it probably wasn't the best place to use the money but....impulse buying. :monkey3

The best price? I got an opened one for $65.

I sure hope so. I would love to pick up more apes and even a human or two. It would be nice to have Cornelius, Zira, Zaius, and Taylor rebooted by HT.

It would be nice for further PTOA figures from HT. Have read that this line is on the back burner and not terminated. Don't know, and don't know if HT knows? Would like some more information on a possible Taylor and/or Nova figure as well as further Ape figures. But, where, oh where, or when would the official information come from concerning this line?:confused:

Wow Ironman. That's fabulous you have so many HT apes. I couldn't do that. I just want the regular soldier now although they are very impressive. I just am still not thrilled about the troll hair....the General is fabulous because at least his hair is under the helmet. That's a great price for that opened HT gorilla.

Regarding HT new POTA figures--we are all on a holding pattern for this one. It may take years but we have learned to be patient. They better do their research well and mass produce a great looking Zira and Cornelius...and don't offer them until they both look great. I don't mind the wait. If they rush it and they look horrible, I'll be really disappointed.

Angel--I can't wait to see your tribunal!! If you take photos of it outdoors with your regular camera, it should be as clear as the photos you take indoors with the camera your daughter has. You have so many projects to do. What would be the most fun for you to do?

Happy Valentine's day, fellow ape fans!!

:faq
I was working before the Holidays and, in hindsight, it probably wasn't the best place to use the money but....impulse buying. :monkey3

The best price? I got an opened one for $65.
$65.00 - whoa. That's my kinda price! Congrats on that find!:faq
Angel--I can't wait to see your tribunal!! If you take photos of it outdoors with your regular camera, it should be as clear as the photos you take indoors with the camera your daughter has. You have so many projects to do. What would be the most fun for you to do?

I think that I work just as you do Jessica. As the creative mood strikes, I may attack and create with wood, paint, apoxie or cloth. It all comes back to my current mood, and the medium that I desire to work with that day. :mona

Last edited:
Wow Ironman. That's fabulous you have so many HT apes. I couldn't do that. I just want the regular soldier now although they are very impressive. I just am still not thrilled about the troll hair....the General is fabulous because at least his hair is under the helmet. That's a great price for that opened HT gorilla.

Regarding HT new POTA figures--we are all on a holding pattern for this one. It may take years but we have learned to be patient. They better do their research well and mass produce a great looking Zira and Cornelius...and don't offer them until they both look great. I don't mind the wait. If they rush it and they look horrible, I'll be really disappointed.

Happy Valentine's day, fellow ape fans!!

Same to you (Happy Valentine's Day, that is). And patience is something that is expected with HT releases, if there are going to be future releases of the PTOA line. The question is, "Are there going to be future releases?"

Back