Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel, how are those railing coming? How many more do you need to make? I hope you're still in the groove.

I only made one rail Sticks. I don't have any extra cash to buy the casting supplies I require to make more. Some things just have to wait...

Thanks for asking. Someday it'll all get done.

Do you have any other projects that you could commit to that don't require finances? Maybe start painting the Court pieces, or is that all done?

I built a little lean-to outside for when it snows Friday/Saturday. :)
I'll take some pictures when it snows.

Do you have any other projects that you could commit to that don't require finances? Maybe start painting the Court pieces, or is that all done?

I bought the paints to do that Sticks, but I can't remember if I still have the actual colors that are required for the Tribunal. I think I may have used up some of those colors when I made and painted the Caesar statues for some folks. That was quite a while ago...

If I recall correctly, I think I need 4 different colors to paint the Tribunal. I really need to dig out all of my paints from the basement and take an inventory of the colors I currently have hand. :whip

Thanks for trying to light a flame under me. Everything is still painted black. :monkey3

Have you finished that stop motion film with the dead yank and the custom bearded soldiers yet?:confused:

Here's a sample picture of the railing. I only finished one post, not three. I just did a "quick cut and paste" to see how several posts might look beside each other.

Last edited:
Wow, that railing is going to look great! I can't wait to see those Mutants all lined up.

I never got the DEAD figures, or the coffins for that scene. I turned my Dead Surgeon into a dead drummer boy. :horror

I bought the paints to do that Sticks, but I can't remember if I still have the actual colors that are required for the Tribunal. I think I may have used up some of those colors when I made and painted the Caesar statues for some folks. That was quite a while ago...

If I recall correctly, I think I need 4 different colors to paint the Tribunal. I really need to dig out all of my paints from the basement and take an inventory of the colors I currently have hand. :whip

Thanks for trying to light a flame under me. Everything is still painted black. :monkey3

Have you finished that stop motion film with the dead yank and the custom bearded soldiers yet?:confused:

Here's a sample picture of the railing. I only finished one post, not three. I just did a "quick cut and paste" to see how several posts might look beside each other.

You are still the master of all things Ape, Angel...

What a great start! I can't wait to see the stairs and sliding doors of the Grand Central Station set where the mutants interrogate Brent...

I actually knitted the little swatch with two stickpins. I love how this photograph turned out, particularly the way you can see her eyelid.

dsc02671bp.jpg

I took a powernap today and woke up with a headache. Yuck!!

I just wanted to let you guys know that I am working again on Burke.

Not Ape related, but Gene & Paul are doing a book signing together in LA Monday. Maybe they will do a book tour and you can see them Angel!

That's so cool Hasslein, let me know how that turns out for you, and if you hear anything more! :angelsmil

Jess - Love the knitting picture. Zira looks good when she's busy.

Thanks Jom. I think the Grand Central Station set will be more of a wall hanging with most of the details from the movie. This will certainly conserve on room in my home as I display the mutants. I see it being kind of like three shelves with the sliding doors and archway below them. On the "3 shelves", of course, will be the 5 mutants. :)

Where's all the snow?

Zira does look great when busy. :lol

Angel, that sounds very interesting, keep it up, grind it out. Have some fun. Play some KISS while you work, "I want to collect 1:6 all day, and builld, ev-er-y Night." :cool:

Have fun buddy.

Last edited:
Sticks - You got me painting now... right now, on the Tribunal. Never thought this day would come. I did my inventory and started a few hours ago. I'm just taking a quick lunch break.

Where's all the snow?

I watched 2001: A Space Oddesy last night for the first time. Weird, boring and yet there's something I like about this bizarre little piece...

Started watching Blade Runner for the first time also, but I fell asleep.

Last edited:
Hi Jess! Can you show all of your human sculpts pictured next to each other? Thanks, Kent.

Angel, I did watch 2001 space odyssey too once a long time ago. I didn't really appreciate it, since I was still in highschool. I only liked it because of the familiarity of the music.

Kfog--here are the humans I have made. I don't understand why Burke looks so pinheaded on a body...maybe the liquid plastic shrank a little when it cured?

I should try to add the actual Burke sculpt on a human body and see it for my own eyes. The other two plastic heads are there for sizing purposes.

dsc02680gf.jpg

Blade Runner is cool.

Yes, get those tribunal pieces done. One step closer!!:whip

Hear-Ye, Hear-Ye, Order in the court! :lol

I went out and took some photos of the Lean-to for you

MantonProofs014.jpg

MantonProofs008.jpg

MantonProofs012.jpg

MantonProofs015.jpg

MantonProofs016.jpg

Are they expecting a dozen friends over for some bear meat? Did the Indians typically make leans that big? I really don't know.

Still painting away... with breaks of course.

Are they expecting a dozen friends over for some bear meat? Did the Indians typically make leans that big? I really don't know.

Still painting away... with breaks of course.

:mwaha actually the teepees were a lot bigger, they could usually house 10-15 people. This Lean-to is made for two. The eastern tribes used them more, for hunting and such, during the cold months.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I am working again on Burke.

:banana :banana :chew :banana :banana

Angel, there are a set of kitchen cabinet handles I saw a while back thet were very close, if not exact, to the door handles. If I can find them again i'll pass the info along to you.

:mwaha actually the teepees were a lot bigger, they could usually house 10-15 people. This Lean-to is made for two. The eastern tribes used them more, for hunting and such, during the cold months.

Stickman - The only lean-to I've seen is the kind that was big enough for 1 person to sleep in. I think I saw it on "Surviorman". I guess the Indians hung out in them as families and had a definite need for larger ones.

I spent many hours painting today. Whew. Thanks for the kick in the derrière. It's almost time to put one more tiny little notch in my belt of finished ape projects.

Angel, there are a set of kitchen cabinet handles I saw a while back thet were very close, if not exact, to the door handles. If I can find them again i'll pass the info along to you.

Ironman - Should you come across them again, I'd sure like to see what you found.

Sticks, your teepee reminds me of a creche!

Actually, I did see a creche at Goodwill that I was almost tempted to get, to convert them into apes...but there's something more Ape-pealing to me about making a Christmas creche with my Sideshow apes...

Burke is still being massaged. It's so frustrating when I want him to look just like Burke.

Heya IM! I was beginning to get worried about you.

Angel I can't wait to see how the tribunal will look painted up. It's so exciting! You're at the homestretch now.

Last edited:
Back