Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome guys. Truth be told, I grabbed a few frames. I like seeing apes doing everyday things in human environments. :lol

JJ- when I saw those camera operators I thought of you, and PZ, how cool is it to see your hero tinkering with a projector? It looks like an old Keystone. :monkey5

Angel, I couldn't really think of much for the rest of you guys, but I couldn't leave anyone out. :whip I couldn't help but think of JJ and PZ At Work, so I kept with the theme. I'll keep an eye out for better shots. I was looking for a tribunal scene or something with the mutants.

Does Anyone else like the Gorillas in Green? :D How many animated shows are there?

b1ReturntothePlanetoftheApesAnimate.jpg

Does Anyone else like the Gorillas in Green? :D How many animated shows are there?

b1ReturntothePlanetoftheApesAnimate.jpg

Boy seeing these pictures of the show makes me want to start watching them again. My son and I tried to watch them all a couple of years ago but we both lost interest about three or four episodes in. I got the full set of 13 "Return to the Planet of the Apes" episodes on DVD in that Caesar head box set. Originally, that was the ONLY way to get the series. Now it is available as a separate DVD release.

So I'm stuck with that damn Caesar head. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Looking at the above still of those green Gorillas reminds me of when I used to play with the POTA Colorforms playset. :rolleyes:

Sticks!! LOL!! Those are the coolest cards!!! I wish I were at work, though, so when I buy stuff I won't feel guilty. Guilt is a useless emotion, right?

Anybody interested in 1:6 scale nylon jumpsuits? Would those work for orangutans for your Conquest apes? Someone at the Megomuseum is giving them away for free except you have to pay $1.00 for postage. I'm not really going to make anything from Conquest, or I would have taken them. I sent the guy a private message wondering if they are still available.

Stickman, you are amazing!!! Thanks so much for my card! You must be physic? I used to be a prison guard and the pics in my card was of guards on duty! How cool is that????

Sticks, you forgot to make one of yourself! You must make an exclusive card now!!

Angel--can't wait to see your photos!! I need to get inspired!!!

Hi Dr. Z. Long time no see. Hey, I made a rhyme!!

Stickman, you are amazing!!! Thanks so much for my card! You must be physic? I used to be a prison guard and the pics in my card was of guards on duty! How cool is that????

Hi Dr. Z! I was also a prison guard (Corrections Officer) for the Arizona Department of Corrections for six years from 1992 to 1998, but have been in the computer field for over 10 years now.:gun

Hi Stickman! I love how you got me down as an ape enforcer. Pretty cool dude, Thanks!:D

:bow I'm glad you guys enjoyed them. They were fun. A little thought did go into these, :eek: :monkey3

I'm just passing time away playing with photos.

Last edited:
I have a busy morning. No, no card for me, maybe next time. I would probably use the Scarecrow figures from the beginning. :lol Have a great day, get some work done. :gun

IM - I don't have copies of the cards before I put the text on them. I think I'd have to do them all over again without adding the text. :google Next time. I can make one for myself then. I still have to watch the other episodes.

I have a few old HT Ursus pictures I was playing with, cleaning up, I'll post later, or tomorrow. Have a great weekend all.

Guys, check this out, in Mego scale! If this guy can do this awesome in that scale, he can kick anybody's ass when sculpting an ape. He said he has a TV series Zaius and Urko in Mego scale. I'm so freaking excited! And if his Mego scale apes look awesome, would anyone want to buy them if he scaled them up to 1:6 scale??? I have not been this freaking excited in a long time!!

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

Last edited:
What's the story with this picture? Does anyone know? Is that really Cher?

I think that probably is Cher. I think both her show and the Planet of the Apes series were shooting at the same time for CBS.

There is nothing that TV execs love more than cross promotion.

Guys, check this out, in Mego scale! If this guy can do this awesome in that scale, he can kick anybody's ass when sculpting an ape. He said he has a TV series Zaius and Urko in Mego scale. I'm so freaking excited! And if his Mego scale apes look awesome, would anyone want to buy them if he scaled them up to 1:6 scale??? I have not been this freaking excited in a long time!!

IMG_4854.jpg

Why did he do such a cool Batman head in Mego scale? I'll take one of those heads in 1/6 scale. :banana Who's the guy who made it Jess?

Why did he do such a cool Batman head in Mego scale? I'll take one of those heads in 1/6 scale. :banana Who's the guy who made it Jess?

I think he shrank it down to Megoscale. I will ask him. He probably sculpted it in 1/6 scale. His name is Sandy and all I know is that he works in the movies.

Shomp, that probably is Cher. If the POTA Yahoo group ever sends out their next "rarities" clips on dvds, then a clip of Cher and the gorillas will be part of it. That's what I heard anyway.

Great commercials Angel, My brothers had all of the Evel Knievel figures bikes and crafts, and the smash up derby!! Anyone remember "Tin Can Alley?"

OMG did you guys watch Extreme Makeover? They had KISS on there! I got excited because I know you guys like KISS. Of course, Ashton was way too excited to see them. It's a show I NEVER watch but it was just on...Ashton came to get me to show me KISS. LOL!!

Angel I went through each of those commercials. I don't remember any of them. How sad. Where has my childhood gone? I think the last one--the smashup derby was vaguely familiar..but I can't be sure. It's all hazy for me. Why can't I remember?

Hey Ironman--remember the guy who was going to laserprint on leather? Something awful happened to their shop. I guess the owners of the company weren't paying rent so the machine was confiscated. My girlfriend told me about it--since she was following up on him because she was waiting for her project to come through. So...that's another dead end in the quest for hieroglyphs. The best ones I have seen so far is from Angel himself, with his El Presidente costume....and I'm raring at the bit to get another peek at him. I can't wait to see the tribunal all painted up.

I'm working on Mego scale boba fett costumes right now. I hit a snag, so that's why I'm online. There might be a chance I will make more than five of these. I'm still working out the kinks. Better get back to work, I suppose. After these, I'm going to jump start my Link project again. I think I have a plan for overcoming the obstacle I had encountered with that project.

Last edited:
Back