Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Voted for the apes in that poll, even though I was torn between them and the Shining Jack Torrance.

I also entered the contest that Hot Toys are running through their Facebook page. I filled all three spots with the three Apes.

Wow, welll at least now you know that maybe those beads wont work, good try though. I know someone that looks like that sculpt, with the deep sockets and all. Eerie.

Keep up the nice work jess, I look forward to seeing them painted.

Anyone have any POTA wishlists for this holiday? I would love another HT Soldier but unfortunatley I'm the only one in my circle that supports this hobby.

Also, a Bloody Law Giver would rock. Maybe some day PZ will want to trade? :naughty:monkey5

I could use another HT soldier and the only piece that I am missing for my collection that is not custom is the Bloody Lawgiver.

Wow Kfog--you have all the mutants, too?

TCM--Where is that HotToys/Facebook thread? I saw it a few days ago but never peeked in there.

What do you think guys?
dsc02273wu.jpg

How in the heck did you do that!? He looks Amazing to me! :bunnydanc:love:bunnydanc

How in the heck did you do that!? He looks Amazing to me! :bunnydanc:love:bunnydanc

I don't know, but thanks, Angel. I've missed you!

I just wanted him to look like Alan so much that I kept massaging the clay and kept adding paper thin layers to build up the facial muscles and blending it so there were no edges between layers. It helped to pause the DVD, take a photo, and upload so that I had sideview and front view of his profile for reference. And Dave Ballard also sent me photos to help.

Jessica - This sculpt of Pete only needs these 2 features corrected and then I believe it would be pretty darn accurate.

His face seems a bit wide compared to the picture in the background. Could you squish it together on each side as indicated by the pink arrows?

Aside from that minor tweak, I think eliminating the square head effect on top of his hair would also greatly improve your sculpt.

Don't mean to nitpic - after all, you are the master! :bow

Again, I really love what you're doing. :angelsmil

Last edited:
Angel I have slimmed his face down. That was an older photo. He looked more like Richard Branson from different angles at that stage. I will re-do the hair. Please nitpick away. It's better to get these as good as I can manage.

Angel I have slimmed his face down. That was an older photo. He looked more like Richard Branson from different angles at that stage. I will re-do the hair. Please nitpick away. It's better to get these as good as I can manage.

I have no other nitpicks for you. If you did as suggested, I would be extremely impressed with the likeness you created. That would be another incredible human likeness!

Guys I'm going to buy a ton of small Santa Claus tree ornaments and churn them into apes like Apemania, but I'll wait until the after Christmas sales to get these. And crazy me, I am going to recreate the creche scene but with apes. I'm going to have the three orangutans as the wisemen...and of course Zira and Cornelius surrounding Baby Milo. It's going to be spectacular. :banana:banana:banana

Also I'm going to sculpt Dodge and Landon. Nobody else is going to do it...I may as well!!

Last edited:
I think that the prices of Sideshow gorillas tanked after the release of the Hot Toys apes. Maybe it's just me, but that's what I feel.

Alan looks the same. When I view him from the top, he looks just like Alan!!

I want to re-do Pete's hair, make it less square. I'll have to bake Pete a second time, so he's going to look so much more tan than Alan. I'll try to make molds and casts soon so I can attempt to paint the cast.

Jess, I can't wait to see them. You're doing a great job.

Angel, I never heard how your court dates are going in Ape City. I hope that project isn't abandoned too long, it's been a year and a half in progress. How's Lady Liberty holding up? Any updates from you buddy would be great. I hope you doing well.

IM, lets roll with the NASA Omega Team script when I get back in 2010.

Also, a Bloody Law Giver would rock. Maybe some day PZ will want to trade? :naughty:monkey5

Am I the only one here on this thread that owns a Bloody Lawgiver? :horror:horror:horror

And Sticks, when my friend finally caves you'll be the first I'll notify. :naughty

i stumbled on this blog today and thought i would share... sorry if it has previously been mentioned... not 1:6, but definitely cool.

https://glorbes.blogspot.com/2009/09/dr-zaius.html

Thanks! Those are six inch figures, if you can believe that.

Hey guys guess what? Today I wore my Planet of the Apes dogtag to the office. Not Landon's dogtag, since I don't really like him, just the one that says Planet of the Apes. :)

Last edited:
Back