Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and will you be painting them yourself?

Thanks for updating me Angel, glad to see everything is going as planned. :rolleyes:

Yeah - I packed it all up. I want a vacation from working on all this 1/6 stuff. It's consumed so much of my time over the last 3 years. It's so much easier to sit on the sidelines and just watch everyone else with their projects.

I’m still interested in seeing other projects. I pop in on occasion and look at the thread; however, I just have nothing to add because of my inactivity.

Have you been working on anything JJ?

That is criminal Angel, but I surely know how it is. After the amount of TLC I put in building Ape City, then to tear it down and throw it away really hurt. But "killing your baby'" is what they tought in film school. I still feel that Ape City was one of my best sets to date, that and the cave in A World's Desire. :naughty

IM you mind if I roll with your ANSA Omega Team idea? You'll get credit for the story, of course. I want to bring everyone in this thread in on this one.

IM - Story
PZ Continuity supervisor, or script supervisor
Jess, Costumes Design
Angel, and JJ - Prop design
JJ - Maybe DP? (you could help me with selecting framing and angle in preproduction.) :)

Unless other ideas come about. I picked this story as it could easily set up for more to follow if it works out.

Yeah - I packed it all up. I want a vacation from working on all this 1/6 stuff. It's consumed so much of my time over the last 3 years. It's so much easier to sit on the sidelines and just watch everyone else with their projects.

I’m still interested in seeing other projects. I pop in on occasion and look at the thread; however, I just have nothing to add because of my inactivity.

Have you been working on anything JJ?

No Angel, I haven't been doing much of anything recently. I've been waiting for someone to make an Abbott and Costello. Sideshow has said they are reviving 1/6 Universal Monsters so it gives me some hope that they might take a stab at Bud and Lou.

If that happens, I'll start on making a crate for my Glenn Strange Frankenstein Monster.

That is criminal Angel, but I surely know how it is. After the amount of TLC I put in building Ape City, then to tear it down and throw it away really hurt. But "killing your baby'" is what they tought in film school. I still feel that Ape City was one of my best sets to date, that and the cave in A World's Desire. :naughty

IM you mind if I roll with your ANSA Omega Team idea? You'll get credit for the story, of course. I want to bring everyone in this thread in on this one.

IM - Story
PZ Continuity supervisor, or script supervisor
Jess, Costumes Design
Angel, and JJ - Prop design
JJ - Maybe DP? (you could help me with selecting framing and angle in preproduction.) :)

Unless other ideas come about. I picked this story as it could easily set up for more to follow if it works out.

It seems, I've been drafted!

Anything I can do to help, I'll do what I can. I don't think you'll need much help as far as a DP. Your skills with lighting far outshine mine. I could help with framing and angles and such.

It would be an honor for me that everyone gets envolved. IM, lets do it. I have someone in SF that could do the SFX and music. After the holidasy lets start chipping away at the script. I have 2 complete spare ANSA outfits, I'm sure they'll be easy to pick up. Tons of SS figures and 4 HT apes including Ursus. We'll use them for the close ups. This will be a fun project... I wish everyone a happy Sunday. I'm off to watch the Vikings vs. Bengals game.

Sticks/IM sounds like a really fun project. I'll help out where I can. I am currently running a fever, and I was not well enough to go to the slavemines on Friday. I don't think I'm well enough to report tomorrow...I've been just trying to sleep this virus off and taking Tylenol to bring the fever down. I'm so sick of being sick.

I was finally able to click onto your pictures. Those are fabulous! That horse even though it's a lot lighter than the ones they used in the movies looks really great with the figures!!

It's cool how they are all furry!!

Last edited:
Thank you.

Yep, I thought the exact same thing about the horse color. Before I purchased the horse, I even wrote the seller to ask if they had the black /darker version. I'll keep looking for it.

It is too bad it looks like we will not get more Hot Toy apes. I've been thinking about getting the Sideshow apes but I don't know if they would look right (in scale, etc.) beside each other.

Thanks again.

Wookster has said that there are more apes in the pipeline from Hot Toys. We just have to be patient. They just can't stop at the gorillas.

Here's my version of Dodge, guys. I'll see how I feel about him before I cure him, when I can see him with fresh eyes.

dsc02284h.jpg
dsc02283f.jpg

Here's my version of Dodge, guys. I'll see how I feel about him before I cure him, when I can see him with fresh eyes.

dsc02284h.jpg
dsc02283f.jpg

WOW Jess! You are becoming quite the master! Sideshow and/or Hot Toys need to employ you. How are the Pete and Alan heads going? Let me know if you cast them and sell them. I want to buy a few if you do!

Thanks, Dr. Z! Alan's eyes I am still tweaking, since the were off-kilter. Pete needs a new hairdo. They're both still being massaged. I'm thinking of taking a mold of Pete's face so I can redo his hair...and I keep tweaking Alan's eyes but it's not happening yet. I just have to get in the mood of making molds, but I'm not in the mood. I've got to keep keeping on with the sculpting. I find it quite pleasurable, and more instant gratification than sewing or painting.

Last edited:
WOW Jess! You are becoming quite the master! Sideshow and/or Hot Toys need to employ you. How are the Pete and Alan heads going? Let me know if you cast them and sell them. I want to buy a few if you do!

Once again, wow! The skin and hair texture are awesome Jessica. The likeness seems very accurate to me. It's interesting that you opened his mouth. I do like that feature you gave him. :love

Back