Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stickman, did you buy them through Sideshow's website or from a secondary seller?

Protozauis,
I bought Dr. Zaius Exclusive and Brent from SS, the 2 Ursus and Bullwhip from MonkeyDepot.Com and the rest from Voyagertoys.com

Has anyone read the reviews for this line on SSC's website? One customer talks of having a custom mutant jail made, it would be nice to see who he has making it for him. The segment might be under the BPOTA Taylor or Slave Brent comments.

1:6 Custom Mutant Jail

Ironman,
Where did you see the plans? Do you know what company produce it?

I'm trying to find it again. I've been to so many ape-oriented sites lately trying to salvage the 1:6 line I can't remember everything anymore. :rolleyes:

Well if you ever make it through all that clutter let me know. Here are some more pics.
POTAAPES002.jpg

POTAAPES001.jpg

POTAAPES003.jpg

POTAAPES006.jpg

SSCFigures205.jpg

POTAAPES007.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Nice stuff, Stickman!! I like what you've done. I also saw your Ursus briefly before he moved [to ??] and was thinking about doing something similar. I noticed you added a belt and holster [Ursus'{?} it was on the wrong side too] I want to find a sword for mine to make it more "movie" authentic". Then again, I also want to come to your house and make a getaway with a few of your gorillas. :D

Oh, and as for the mutant jail... I'll be damned if I can find it again {yet}
I went to every site I could remember going to but came up empty. I'll have to try again and check thru my mail again in case someone had emailed me the info. Don't quote me but IIRC, the jail was being designed by Creative Diversions, but I can't be positive {once again, yet}

Thanks for the info Ironman. LOL I took some more pics. I hope you don't mind me posting them here. Thanks for the correction. I'll fix the holster soon.
POTAAPES025.jpg
POTAAPES027.jpg

POTAAPES026.jpg
POTAAPES019.jpg

POTAAPES020.jpg
POTAAPES024.jpg

POTAAPES021.jpg
POTAAPES018.jpg

POTAAPES016.jpg
POTAAPES017.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Stickman, your black & white pix remind of being a kid and catching Planet of the Apes on the CBS Friday night movie. All we had at that time was a B/W TV.
Where is the Icarus from in the 1st Taylor photo?
I wasn't meaning to correct you on Aldo as much as just noticing that you used Sideshow's mistaken left heanded holster. I wasn't sure if you were intentionally upgrading Aldo or forgot about the sword as some do. Either way its still a great job. I'm trying to get a hold of a head that I thought captured a pretty good likeness of him but I haven't heard back as of yet. I have to get my camera back on the job and get some posed shots and/or preview shots for my photostory [man, am I gonna need a lot of room!]

Thanks Ironman,
I know that SS put the holster on the wrong side. I fixed it on both Ursus and my new Urko Figure. I can't find a god sized dagger either. I'm trying to keep everything SS as much as I could but when I have to I use DML items, like the bullwhip, I'm going to. I think the B/W photos add more dramatic appeal. Let me know if you need help with some photo's for your story. Maybe I caould take some for you.

P.S. The Ircurus in the backdrop is a printout of the model. Image search it in Google. You should find it. It looks pretty cool. I wish SS made something like this. This and the Staue of Liberty don't have to be in scale. It would be nice if they made some sort of prop to have in the background.

My Mutans are on the way with my scareface, HEHE.

Last edited:
stickman said:
P.S. The Ircurus in the backdrop is a printout of the model. Image search it in Google. You should find it.

Oh, I have plenty of images of it. There's even a site that shows a whole bunch of different versions of it. I'm thinking of building one of my own. Right after I finish my Enterprise bridge, my Stargate, my V shuttle.... :banghead so much to do, so little time

Those sound like cool projects. Keep me posted about the bridge. Would it be the bridge of the original Series NCC1701 ship? Would it be similiar to the old school Mego playset? With a swivel elevator? I wish SS would start making some props like this. The bridge would be killer start. :cool:

Did you already start this project? Planning on showing some pics?

I've started it and scrapped it a couple of times already. I got the idea from Dan DiBiase [https://www.deeringproductions.com/ncctrek/NCCtreksplash.htm]
Mine however, is not turning out as well as his. :banghead
Mine will be the classic crew with some additions if I can get them together. I have a [IMHO] really good idea for a plot involving the Stargate, and well....I just always liked V, almost as much as Planet of the Apes.

I know Marc Singer was in V. Was Robert Englund in V? I thought I remeber seeing him in some scenes. He was the visitor with blond curly hair and fell love with an Earthling. I own the DVD but the credits don't mention Englund.

P.S. Thanks for that site. It is Awesome!

Last edited:
Sorry Ironman but Englund is not in the Original Miniseries. He came in later.

Stickman,
I luv ya , cuz you're a brother ape fan, but you are mistaken.
Englund IS in the original. I'll bet you some of those gorilla soldiers you have {that I don't} that I'm right. Later, I'll tell you why I'm so sure. :D

Back