Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stickman, swiching Ursus helmets is really easy. A very slight amount of "pull" on the Sideshow version and it pops right off. I put dabs of crazy glue around the head where the helmet set and glued the Hasbro version in place.
POTAUrsus-helmet.jpg

and here's what a gorilla soldier can look like:
mycustom-POTAgorilla01.bmp

I really didn't think I needed to state the obvious. Sorry if you were confused about the omission, Ironman.
Duh back at ya PZ!! I wasn't confused at all. But a statement like using Cornelius tunic on Caesar could get us just that. It would be alright I guess, but not accurate. I was stating it more for the unaware than expressing confusion on my part. :p

I just don't share your "all or nothing" attitude. I just find it problematic to ask (or demand) Sideshow to release a THREE pack (something I believe they have done ONCE with their Spinal Tap figures but ONLY as a retailer exclusive re-pack) with a hefty price tag of about $100-$125 just to appease us completists
Ok, so they issue ONLY ape-o-naut Zira? Then what? I don't think asking for a 3 pack is demanding, after all, there WERE 3 of them. And at $100 for 3 figures is not all that hefty if you compare it to the going rate of a single figure OR what some larger 1 item pieces are going for. $125 for the Lawgiver? And I dare say I've seen many more "requests" for the ape-o-nauts.

Now... why the Apes are wear them in the first place (besides the OBVIOUS cinematic touch) is another matter.
The real ONLY reason they were used. :lol

As for your guys guts? Just curious, how accurate have they been? Not trying to be sarcastic. Sometimes gut feelings bear out real product. I'm just curious if you've felt this before and were right. I heard the death bell toll and I'd sure like to be wrong.

Yeah, I was surprised that Hasbro got something more right than Sideshow, but to me it was a sign of waning times on the POTA just as the ridiculous Circus sign was with Caesar. I'm working on the Sideshow one again to see if the proper length "leather" is a better idea.

Thanks for the pictures Ironman.

"I used an Ape-Joe uni with SST tunic and boots, put them on a BBi G3 with Eydylhands movie accurate gorilla sculpt and I just switched Ursus to a G3 and got rid of the helmet he came with in leiu of Hasbro's which at least drapes to the correct length."

1) Where do I find this Eydylhands movie accurate sculpt?
Will it only attach to a BBi body?

2) I'm now wondering if I also should change the Ursus helmet. I have two of Hasbro’s, one black and the other I painted the glyph silver like general Urko’s. Have you tried trimming the Hasbro version carefully with a razorblade?

3) Where did you get that backdrop? I want to get a large backdrop like that of Ape City or the subway tunnel stairway where the mutants all gather to meet Brent and Nova. The Doomsady bomb platform would be great also but I can't seem to find any quality pictures that would blow up nicely. I'm looking to make something almost poster size.

The ape head is available thru:
www.h2creative.com/HHOF.pdf
Its on page 4. I believe it will attach to a DML, BBI, Sideshow or SOTW and maybe even Hasbro

I haven't tried trimming the Hasbro version as I am working on making the Sideshow one look right.

The backdrop was just enlarged on my computer screen from google.

Sure do:
DSC00156.jpg

It doesn't have the best paint job but I like it. I've seen a few painted by "masters" where you'd swear they shrunk ol' Chuck down to 1:6/

Lol, Yeah that's great! Did you paint the Taylor head or did you have it done by h2Creative?
I like the background, is that also your computer screen?
How can I upload pictures?

I don't see any greater resemblance to Heston with this Frontline Hero Head than Sideshow.:dunno

Perhaps its just the flash in the photo. :google

In my opinion, the face looks too modeled. I guess I just prefer the smooth sculpt look to the rough resin look. It's always good to have a choice out there.

But a statement like using Cornelius tunic on Caesar could get us just that.

Sideshow has made a few minor mistakes when it comes to some of the detail of these Ape figures. And perhaps they are guilty of losing interest with the line. The circus poster accessory is one clue. Also if you compare the paint job of the hands of both Cornelius and Caesar you will see a drop in care and detail. However, I'm inclined to believe, without reservation, that they would have enough reference material on "Battle" and sense NOT to make this mistake. Besides, it would take MORE work to add the glyph marks on the front of the tunic since they were sewn in later and not pressed like the sleeves.

No, I didn't paint it [though I am thinking about getting the nerve up to start] and neither did H2. I had a friend of mine do it. It's actually much better in person as some of it did get "flashed" out. As for this resembling Heston... I guess thats me looking for it all again. Both versions are good Heston heads. I preferred this version for Taylor as the Sideshow one immediately screamed Omega Man to me.

My guts been wrong more than right IM,but I can see a sort of OUTER LIMITS happening with the APES line.I think they want to release a few more iconic ape figures.

Of the two heads of Taylor they offer, I'm more curious about the bearded version. Does anybody have pictures of it painted?

Save the Planet of the Apes!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!
I haven't gotten my home rebate yet!!! Why is everything I need on sale NOW!?!?! >:

:lol They have Slave Taylor/Nova for only $44! I think $22 is the lowest that i have seen the soldier apes go for and only $13 shipping :sancho

I think I've spent over $200 on shipping alone from SS because they love to ship out my items individually, so every other day I get something from them. I could have bought that "Captured" statue. :bang

Save the Planet of the Apes!!!

I think I've spent over $200 on shipping alone from SS because they love to ship out my items individually, so every other day I get something from them. I could have bought that "Captured" statue

Hell, you could've hired a pro to sculpt a Brent or Ursus head for added "realism" :p

I know I feel like such a fool but I feel SS should do a better job on their shipping. I can't wait till Jan/Feb for Toy Fair 06 when SS will introduce at least three new Apes. I know this line isn't dead yet.

I used an Ape-Joe uni with SST tunic and boots, put them on a BBi G3 with Eydylhands movie accurate gorilla sculpt

Is Ape Joe is in business? I've tried to locate their site using old links but have gotten nowhere. Do you have some pictures of their work? It's been a LONG time since I saw their work. It would be interesting to compare it to Sideshow's efforts

Back