Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protozaius, I'm hoping the figures will look better than the drawings, too!!
I drew those quite a few years ago, but just came across them and decided to color them thru the computer. Might make ok box art once I fine tune them. I thought they came out pretty good.
Yes, the Ape-o-nauts might outsell them but that would require me to do one of two things. Either have someone resculpt Cornelius and Zira OR use Sideshow's versions. I don't want to reuse Sideshow's sculpts and I wouldn't want to start off on this venture by doing a "reissue" of a figure [or 2] that are already available. Not to mention, the Ape-o-nauts and TV guys are the most requested so far.
Edition sizes will really depend on what the cost of the sculpts [original sculpts and extra heads] cost.
As for exclusives, the only ones I could think of would be Burke & Virdon in their ANSA outfits, as opposed to their regular weekly TV wardrobe. Galen, Zaius and Urko don't really lend themselves to anything "extra" that could be an exclusive. [Maybe Urko with a white horse?] And that's good too. The idea of buying a 2nd figure identical to the one you already have just to get a 1:6 scale paper flyer or a machine gun never really appealed to me. We buy them because its the only way to get them, but its not very fair to the consumer, IMHO.
If I could it would be great if we could make these ourselves FOR ourselves. I know the guys over at FantasyNet did [actually I think their's is still in progress]a figure just for the forum. Everyone who contributed something to it got one. One person sculpted the head, one made the gun, one the box art, etc..
Anyway, I guess we'll see how this works out.

Thanks A lot Chreecher!!!! I will be turning 35 on Oct 1 in about three hours WoooHooo!!

Last edited:
Thanks there Ironman, I got 3 more gorillas from Toyboxer the other day. They only have two left but I have reached my spending limit with my Paypal account, I don't plan on giving them my bank account info. So I have a total of:
5 Regular gorillas opened
5 Reg sealed
1 Ex opened
2 Ex sealed

I placed an order with Voyager Toys back on 9/8 for Corny, Zira, Zaius, and Astro Taylor which they charged me for but never shipped. I've sent three emails which they've never responded to. I've even tried calling a few times. Voyager toys has been around for a couple of years so I don't know what's going on. They are down in Houston, TX and I don't know if they were hit by Hurricane Rita as there hasn't been any news of that in my part of the woods. Hmm. Has anyone very dealt with VT before?

Thanks again all for the happy birthday wishes. I'm off to dinner soon! :fest

Save the Planet of the Apes!!!

Hi Stickman, I knew you scored well for yourself, but did you score any collectibles from anyone else for your birthday? :D

I have dealt with Voyager once. I wanted four of the Dog Soldier figures, that were all available, according to their site. I wanted to save on the shipping by ordering all four at once. They didn't have one of them, so they sent me three. If I had known that I would have cancelled and waited till the four were back in stock. I should have stipulated so initially. That's what happens when you get spoilt by our boards dealers. I expected they would have told me in advance, so I could decide my course of action. Live and learn, and the figures met more than my expectations, so I will order from them again once it comes back in stock, which they said would be in late September. Nothing there yet. I didn't know they were in Texas, so thanks for that information. I hope they are able to get back on their feet. Their service was excellent other than this small service oversight.

Too much Tequila, can't sleep.
No Creecher, no extra figs for the Birthday man. Unfortunately, I'm the only one that supplies my hobby, even though I gave my wife a want list many years ago. I bought two old Modern Horror Figs from MonkeyDepot.Com for myself, The Micheal Myers and Hewitt Chainsaw Masacre. I also have Freddy from JvsF and Jason part 7. I just wanted to have the four main characters from that line. My lovely wife has never hindered or contributed to my collection. Looking back on that list I'm glad she never followed through. Just not enough room, besides I have all the major figs that I wanted anyways.

My wife wants to buy me stuff for the those certain occasions... it's just that she's worried that I might already have it on pre-order. :rolleyes:

So, Ironman... hows the campaign goin' :eek:

Protozaius said:
So, Ironman... hows the campaign goin' :eek:

Responses have slowed. I'm going to have to kick it into gear again. I'm waiting to hear back from someone about making heads for me. I won't give up that easily!!

Now, FIGHT LIKE APES!!!

Oh, and you guys can have your wives send me anything that you get that you already have. I'm not fussy. Stickman, yours can send me some of those gorillas. :D

LOL.
I just got an email from MD stating that they are out of the Micheal Myers fig. I need to go track him down.
I can't wait till my six mutants arrive!

stickman said:
I placed an order with Voyager Toys back on 9/8 for Corny, Zira, Zaius, and Astro Taylor which they charged me for but never shipped. I've sent three emails which they've never responded to. I've even tried calling a few times. Voyager toys has been around for a couple of years so I don't know what's going on. They are down in Houston, TX and I don't know if they were hit by Hurricane Rita as there hasn't been any news of that in my part of the woods. Hmm. Has anyone very dealt with VT before?

voyager toys was sold recently to one of it's employees and is in the process of moving to a new location. they should of completed the move by now, but i just went by their new location the other day and it was nearly empty and wasn't open for business. they've already cleared out of their old location, so i don't know what's going on with them. i know they're not gonna be called voyager toys anymore, and i haven't been able to get my "sideshow fix" from them for about 3 weeks now. :horror

Captain, might you have a contact name or number? Do you live in Houston? They charged me but have never sent the order!

stickman said:
Captain, might you have a contact name or number? Do you live in Houston? They charged me but have never sent the order!

i'm in the houston area.

i'm kinda worried, as they have been shut down for almost a month while they are moving. i don't know exactly what's taking them so long to get setup at their new shop, but i'll really be bummed if i have to start getting all my stuff thru the internet/mail order. i really like to see the product before i buy it.

the only info i have is their new street address:

5933 Bellaire Blvd. #105 Houston, Texas

the guy who's buying the company is "mike". i don't know his last name, but he's a really nice guy who's been with the company for at least 5 or 6 years. if you've ever called their store, you've probably spoken to him.

i'll keep my fingers crossed they come back strong, as they're all nice guys. :peace

Thanks for the info Captain. Well, I called my CC company and had them credit my account for the time being. Hopefully after the move I'll still get my order but if not it's nice to know that I'm protected. You're lucky to have a shop nearby that carries SSTC items. There is nothing up here in WA that is nearby that I know of. When I buy an item that I will not be opening i.e. my Mutant Jailer I order directly from SS because I know it will be in mint condition, all other items I don't mind buying online because I plan on opening them anyway.

stickman said:
When I buy an item that I will not be opening i.e. my Mutant Jailer I order directly from SS because I know it will be in mint condition

You're lucky. The Sideshow shipping box for a single figure has been just big enough to fit the figure box on all the ones I've ordered direct. Damaged boxes thus becoming the norm to a degree.
I did score another gorilla soldier though so I'm catching up to you. :joy

Sorry to hear that Ironman, My Mutant Boxes arrived very clean and crisp.
I ordered a total of four Mutant Leaders, 2 from SS and 2 from other dealers. I won't be opening my Jailer so I custom painted an African American Art S Buck figure, ripped the head off of one of my leaders, switched hands and presto, a custom jailer. I now have an extra Robe, Mutant head, mask, gloved hands and Crystal control rod (which i might paint green) :joy

Sideshow gets cheap on Mutant jailor exc. box

Is it me, or did Sideshow drop the ball on this one. I generally do not complain about SST, but to use the same box the mutant leader comes in and simply slap a small sticker for the jailor exc! I think they could have put the effort into his own box. Any thoughts?

Hey there 88th, I have lots of SS boxes that are exclusives and are no different from the regular version. The gorillas didn't have anything different about their boxes. Unless you're a box collector, which sounds like you are, I could understand. I don't mind. The sticker alone is enough to make it a variant IMO. The limited run of only 500 doesn't warrant a new box. They'd spend too much money on time and resources to ever make it worth it.

Yes, I felt they could have made his own box too. He is a mutant but not a variation, he's a seperate character. Check the credits of the movie, he's billed seperately. It's not the same as a second version of Taylor or Brent or Hellboy [didn't he get a new box?] or any other secondary versions. Especially as an exclusive with the same gear as the Leader he deserved at least his own box.
In looking over the box again, I started thinking...If they didn't want to spring for new box art because either it was cost prohibitive or [and I hope not] this is it for the series and they weren't putting any more $ into it then why such a small sticker. Would the difference between that size and say a sticker to place over the front box flap be that different?
C'mon Sideshow!! Don't give up on the PotA license!! There are so many more possiblities:

Last edited:
Back