Sauron vs. Numenorean Army Diorama..ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st Post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still wishing it would have been Sauron, Isildur and Elendil...

I agree but personally I don't think that a dio with Elendil and Isildur lying dead/half-defeated on the ground with Sauron bent over them would be that good since it wouldn't really show any of them in their "full splendor". Let's look at it from the bright side, there's definately a potential here to make more (companion) dioramas from the Battle of the Last Alliance! (OK maybe not so bright from our credit cards POV) Just imagine Elendil and Isildur side by side chopping orcs..., or Gil-Galad piercing orcs with Aiglos..., or Elrond and a few elves standing in a row slashing orcs with their longswords/spears...

Last edited:
I agree to some degree. But look at it from the bright side; I can see potential here to make more dioramas from the Battle of the Last Alliance. (OK maybe not so bright from our credit cards POV) Imagine Elendil and Isildur side by side chopping up orcs! Personally I would rather have them in that kind of dio instead of them lying dead/half-defeated on the ground with Sauron bent over them as it probably wouldn't really show any of them in their full splendor. And perhaps there can be a Aiglos-wielding Gil-Galad diorama..., and one where Elrond and a few elves stand in a row slashing orcs with their longswords/spears...

I wouldn't want a statue of Elendil & Isildur side by side, chopping up orcs. It's simply not an iconic moment in the film, for me.

Having Elendil lying smitten, Sauron reaching down for Isildur and Isildur grasping the shards of Narsil about to vanquish the Dark Lord (at least for a few thousand years), at the moment when all seemed lost, THAT would have been one kick-arse piece, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Sauron looks likes he's posing rather than destroying. I'm a bit disappointed with that.

I don't have the slightest clue as to how they could have made it more dynamic.....:confused:

Maybe they could have made Saurons swing actually match whats happening to the soldiers?

The soldiers action part of the sculpt looks awesome. Now look at Sauron. Whatever he's doing, it simply doesnt look like he just made that happen. It's just a very weak excuse for an "action" stance. He doesn't look very powerful and it doesnt look like a very powerful swing. I know he is able to bat them like flies, effortlessly and perhaps thats what they were going for. But it doesnt work for me. The ferocity of the attacks in the movie just aint there IMO.

The ferocity of the attacks in the movie just aint there IMO.
Differing opinions but I really didn't see much ferocity in Sauron's attack. Effective and efficient but not particularly fierce. It was all a matter of fact. I am Sauron and I need to get to point A and you guys are in the road so a little swat will do. The pose works for me.

I was thinking that if his arm had just completed the swing that knocked these guys back, the mace would be in a different position. But in the movie, it's not really going for a realistic effect--it's more like the power of the mace just explodes and knocks the soldiers back like a bomb went off, regardless of whether or not it actually made physical contact with each and every one. It was a very over the top effect that worked and showed raw power more than accurate physics. I think the diorama captures that feel quite well.

I do think that this is one of the more dynamic pieces that Sideshow has done.

(And with my opinion plus four dollars, you can get coffee at Starbucks.)

Love the soldiers' poses. That is what is dynamic.

Sauron's pose just looks off. As mentioned by GravityEyelids and Trustey, it just doesn't correspond with the action poses displayed by the soldiers. In that scene, regardless if he makes physical contact with his mace, the "swing" is a powerful one. I'm not getting that sense of action from his pose.

Tomandshells sig thats dynamic! And they nailed it. I'm going to youtube now to watch Sauron :rock

Love the soldiers' poses. That is what is dynamic.

Sauron's pose just looks off. As mentioned by GravityEyelids and Trustey, it just doesn't correspond with the action poses displayed by the soldiers. In that scene, regardless if he makes physical contact with his mace, the "swing" is a powerful one. I'm not getting that sense of action from his pose.

Everything is awesome but Sauron's pose looks off, it doesn't look like he is even swinging the mace, just kinda flinging it around. Still might buy it though just cause of the soldiers looks so dynamic falling away from him.

Not bad, I'm a bit disapointed though. The idea for this is great, the soldiers look good but sauron looks off to me, its not the pose, his helmet doesn't look right somehow and overall he doesn't look "sharp" enough if you know what I mean. The spikes on his armour and his helmet look a bit rounded off.:(

Just back in from the convention. This piece really impressed me, its a nice scale with multiple figures in a very dynamic pose. I am in for 300. Comments about sauron are sort of dead on. The pose is a bit odd and stiff. But I think f you watch the scene from FOTR you will see the animation or CGI of this swing is a bit off as well.

Just back in from the convention. This piece really impressed me, its a nice scale with multiple figures in a very dynamic pose. I am in for 300. Comments about sauron are sort of dead on. The pose is a bit odd and stiff. But I think f you watch the scene from FOTR you will see the animation or CGI of this swing is a bit off as well.

Your observation is correct. It's almost looks like Sauron is wearing hundreds of lbs of armour and the armour itself, plus the sheer weight of it, is restricting his movement making his motions appear stiff and methodical....oh wait that's exactly how he appeared in the movie....go figure. :monkey3
As Sauron was not graceful or fluid in his movements or actions in the movie I kind of like the fact SS has chosen to portray him accurately as opposed to turning him into something he wasn't.

Back