Sauron vs. Numenorean Army Diorama..ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st Post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Sideshow for the price of this! :duff

I though it would easily be $350+

Absolutely! I was convinced it was going to be $350 and that was before I realized there were 4 Numenoreans in the dio. :google I am very pleasantly surprised SS were able to keep this one at $300. :D

The pose isn't really bugging me. I do wish we had Isildur over Elendil's body waving Narsil at Sauron but ya know, its still possible as a second dio (if not actually screen accurate). The SSW Elrond could be watching from afar.

Back to the piece: I'm diggin it!

Last edited:
Your observation is correct. It's almost looks like Sauron is wearing hundreds of lbs of armour and the armour itself, plus the sheer weight of it, is restricting his movement making his motions appear stiff and methodical....oh wait that's exactly how he appeared in the movie....go figure. :monkey3
As Sauron was not graceful or fluid in his movements or actions in the movie I kind of like the fact SS has chosen to portray him accurately as opposed to turning him into something he wasn't.

My first reaction to this piece was awesome followed quickly by 'how odd is the position of the mace'. I interpret this as someone at the very end of a golf swing, in this case Sauron is getting ready to step forward with his right foot. He does look rather necky in pic 3 of 8 online, something I didnt notice in person (likely because of the way things were displayed in the case). I should also add the Shadows of Mordor piece was very impressive in person, while the two PFs were easy for me to pass over visually (again too big for my tastes).

Your observation is correct. It's almost looks like Sauron is wearing hundreds of lbs of armour and the armour itself, plus the sheer weight of it, is restricting his movement making his motions appear stiff and methodical....oh wait that's exactly how he appeared in the movie....go figure. :monkey3
As Sauron was not graceful or fluid in his movements or actions in the movie I kind of like the fact SS has chosen to portray him accurately as opposed to turning him into something he wasn't.

I think though in the movie, he was. He had huge strong fluid swings with about 300 degree arcs and looked very powerful. 1:17-1:22 in this clip in particular. I don't think the armor hindered him either, I always kinda considered it part of him or at least he was so powerful it might have well been. Anyway he looks pretty fluid and its hardly a mace-splosion making this happen, it's a powerful swing. And this is what I think the piece is lacking (ultimately in hand pics will tell). Also he looks a bit thin (again in-hand pics would be better).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/f9lcJJuHPEs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/f9lcJJuHPEs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Having seen the original Dark Lord up close and personal, as it were, I don't think it's too skinny at all. And the pose is just right as it has nothing to do with the power of the swing, it's the power of the ring! (sounds like a song :lol) He's out for a stroll in the park swatting flies with a casual sweep.

lotrEXHIBITION011-1.jpg

lotrEXHIBITION020.jpg

Hope we see a Gil-Galad, Elrond and Elendil piece to go near this one!

Nice piece but I agree wth some on here that the savagery of Sauron is lacking in this Dio, the follow through on the Mace just doesn't look right to me. In two minds whether to cancel or not now the "first look hysteria" has worn off me!!:lol

As usual though this will be waaaay better in hand I bet! :cool:

I have to say respect to SS for choosing such a dynamic pose but the fact Sauron looks like he is mincing his way through a crowded club (IMO) kinda puts me off, so its a pass for me :(

Last edited:
Shoudn't this thread be entitled "Is Sauron Mincing, Whippin, or Destroying the Numenoreans"??:rotfl

Ok I am losing the plot now......:wacky

:lol:rotfl:lol Well at least we're talking about the dio again! :banana

'Losing the plot' I think perhaps it was lost a long time ago :wacky:wacky

:lol:rotfl:lol Well at least we're talking about the dio again! :banana

'Losing the plot' I think perhaps it was lost a long time ago :wacky:wacky

You see thats the thing, you lose it and forget you ever had it, and then you think you have it and you lose it again when in actual fact you never got it back when you lost it long ago, so I 've lost it thinking I'm losing it.............
You get it? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Anyway the Dio is great............ :monkey5(have to say that to stop accusations of thread hijacking!!)

Back