Sauron vs. Numenorean Army Diorama..ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st Post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next to the Berserker PF, this was probably the next best LOTR piece. Looks great in person.

I pre-ordered and will wait for more pics of this product closer to its release date before deciding whether to keep my pre-order or not.

Me too. It's almost funny how more divisive the dio line is than Sideshow's PF or LSB lines of LOTR. For example, I really like the Gandalf vs. Balrog piece, but it seemed the general consensus on the board is that most didn't like it. When I saw the tease for this piece I was intrigued, but seeing the full piece, I'm less than thrilled.

For anyone who went to Comic Con, did Sideshow even show anything of the Paths of the Dead dio? Seems weird that they would show it on the Comic Con teaser video, but then have no information at Comic Con.

Last edited:
Wanted to verify that my meh feeling about the Ringwraith/Frodo excl dio so that I could cancel it. Also wanted to see Sauron/Numenorean dio before I ordered. Opposite happened. Wouldn't cancel that Ringwraith dio for anything now. Very very nicely done. As for Sauron dio, it just didn't hit me. Not really sure what exactly it was, since it's a pretty darned good piece overall. But wound up not ordering it.

I may cancel this piece unless I see more pictures so would be great if anyone got better shots of it for comparison :) thanks. Just not 100% sure about it yet, the soldiers look great but Sauron just isn't grabbing me. Suppose there's no panic to cancel it yet anyway.:duh

The main reason why I am on the fence for this dio is the Sauron pose. Somehow, it just does not "look and feel" majestic enough for me to catch on. I watch the SS's video of this piece and the Ringwraith/Frodo piece taken at SDCC and the video seems to reinforce my initial hunch that the Ringwraith/Frodo piece is a better dio than this one.

But all said, I need more pics of this piece before deciding on my purchase. I would love to buy it but the piece needs to be appealing enough for me to justify plonking $300 bucks plus international shipping and custom charges for it. For now, I wait. :)

I placed an order for this as soon as it was listed - an iconic scene. It bothered me that there wasn't a High Elven Warrior represented, since the 'Alliance' consisted of both, not just the Numenorians. I get past that, only to notice that the FOTR screen-shot behind the dio shows - guess what? - orcs and HEWs! :huh

:lol

I am still really on the fence here, the Numenoreans looked great and the sculpt just flows nicely but .... I do find Sauron's sculpt a bit clunky and it lacks definition, esp in his helmet and shoulder spines.

It has a nice footprint to it, SS had it paired with the RW dio and Legolas PFs; it was able to not be lost in the flow, if only Sauron were just cleaned up some.

Sauron looks too shiny and clean, his helmet doesn't look big enough (ooh er), his mace doesn't look long enough, he's holding the mace weirdly, there should be elves there at least too, and it SHOULD have been Sauron vs Isildur. Not sure about this diorama now...

Sauron looks too shiny and clean, his helmet doesn't look big enough (ooh er), his mace doesn't look long enough, he's holding the mace weirdly, there should be elves there at least too, and it SHOULD have been Sauron vs Isildur. Not sure about this diorama now...

I have to say they are all valid points :)

But you did forget the part about him 'mincing' :lecture :lol

I really do like this piece, the motion captured looks real enough for a guy encased in Head to toe plate armour IMO

:lecture :lecture :lecture If Sauron was wearing tights and a tutu I would fully expect him to be prancing around the battlefield, but he's wearing hundreds of lbs of restricting armour....so I don't.

Back