Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah pretty much! :lol

I haven't been able to find a suitable cabinet yet, or if not I guess I could just get a custom acrylic case....

Been thinking the same but will cost a small fortune I reckon, the trouble is the weapon sticks out quite far, if it didn't you could have a narrower case.

A question for all those who did the repaint, why did you use liquid silver leaf instead of some regular silver paint? I would do the silver base coat with an airbrush, but never worked with liquid silver leaf

Any help and tips on painting are welcome!

This thread needs some love. Out in the dark depths of Mordor and in the raging fires of Mount Doom!!

1234650_352937318173846_959901271_n_zps403f3fe1.jpg

I think this piece (much like the Darth Vader Mythos) needs lighting like this to really show its strengths. There's much more character to it like this.

Well done! :clap

A question for all those who did the repaint, why did you use liquid silver leaf instead of some regular silver paint? I would do the silver base coat with an airbrush, but never worked with liquid silver leaf

i did mine in liquid silver leaf, it goes on smooth and you only need one coat it drys in a matter of a couple of minutes ,and it also gives a suit of armor sheen and its all apply with a normal brush ,but then the trick is to age it withloads of washes of black

My main reason for using it is I've used it before and it worked well and leaves a bright metallic sheen as an armour base...I have always preferred to have my armour bright and darken/dirty dry brush at my leisure controlling how dark or light i choose. I do not personally airbrush. The silver liquid leaf is the color of a matte stainless/pure aluminum and pretty bright

Last edited:
My case was custom made for a car dealership to display cleaning products for cars lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Maybe a little off to ask in this thread but didn't bother starting a new one for my question. I have been following this thread a little bit but haven't gotten around to reading every page. I'm considering getting either this one or the Dark Rider but even though they go well together, I can only get one due to other priorities. Anyone have any advice to give regarding which one? I'm leaning towards Sauron but I'm not quite updated on QC and issues on these two? I understand some have problems with cracks after a while on DROM. Any usual issues on this one? I hear some complains a little about flat paint but I've seen pictures and review videos and it didn't really cross my mind then.

Appreciate any kind of info and opinions, thanks! Enjoy your Sauron meanwhile, it looks amazing :)

Just based on having both I would hands down get Sauron over the RWOS PF. Both are really great but from top to bottom I like Sauron more.

Just my opinion but after having them both for a few months and trust me you can't go wrong ether way but......I'm starting to like the dark Rider better. He's just creepier and something you'd be more likely to come across if you lived in Middle Earth. The longer I have him the better he looks! I just hope his legs don't crack!

All I can say is after watching Desolation of Smaug this weekend I cant wait to add this to my collection! Two more payments to go!

Back