Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to unleash my 3 footer last night :dance

Happy to report no breakages of any kind, and I'm pretty impressed by the paint job.

Looks great man!! Congrats!! :hi5:

I just love everything about this statue. Lava glow just pops with the right lighting and the floral on the armor darkens, like how its supposed to. Glad you like him! :clap

Agree 100% with this post. Proper lighting from the front with dark background is how I would do it, together with a shelf higher above the ground having Sauron looking down on you. That would be the perfect way to display him. IMHO. Glad to see he does have some shine on him with the extra lighting. You need that light to get that armour to look like metal. Grats

:exactly: This isn't a piece that you can just throw onto a shelf, due to the orange overspray. Lighting is the key to present this piece nicely.

This thread needs some love. Out in the dark depths of Mordor and in the raging fires of Mount Doom!!

1234650_352937318173846_959901271_n_zps403f3fe1.jpg

Can you guys help me? My Sauron is coming in a few weeks time and I want to present it right.

I need to know the dimensions of the base, so I can get a stone pesistal to present it on.

Also, if I were to find a large pedestal, what size would my plexiglass cover need to be in order to cover the entire figure?

The dimensions on the sideshow site are not clear on that

thanks so much!

I emailed secret compass yesterday asking why it's taking so long for them to ship this piece to me. They say SS has been having a lot of issues with breakage and QC on this piece and they have been limiting pieces going to retailers. I hope SS isn't sending out the rejects to the retailers once they've sold out of their own in house stock.

Chris

Page 473 has some images with dimensions.

Thanks, I saw those, but both assume from pictures and I don't know which ones are correct. If the autoCAD one is correct, then I still don't have the width of the base alone.

If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I emailed secret compass yesterday asking why it's taking so long for them to ship this piece to me. They say SS has been having a lot of issues with breakage and QC on this piece and they have been limiting pieces going to retailers. I hope SS isn't sending out the rejects to the retailers once they've sold out of their own in house stock.

Chris

I sure hope that is not the case... :/

Chris

I've often wondered why retailers get their stuff later than people who order direct... :dunno

I've often wondered why retailers get their stuff later than people who order direct... :dunno

And that's why 3 of my Star Wars pieces are delayed, I reckon I won't get them and if I don't there will be hell to play, I've paid up front I better not get some crap that's already been sent back.

Thanks all who complimented my cell cam photo. :lol

Here's one more with a different setting, not so dark and shows off the shine. This one was taken without flash and the room was filled with natural sun lighting.

1462916_10202776883445741_793649092_n_zpsa67ecdb7.jpg

I just like the effect that's been created in both.

:hi5: Thanks!

My paint job is flawless on mine. Not that I dont like it now but I would have liked it to have more orange on his legs like the prototype. But it may be that I dont have direct lighting on that portion of the area like how sideshow has it? Im sure they putz around with set lighting and all that to give it that effect when sideshow create these website photos?

I mean you see a slight tinge of orange on his crown spikes in my photos. But in hand he doesnt have orange at all on those spikes and I think the lighting reflects the orange onto those parts, which I think is pretty cool that it does that.

I just love this piece so much!! It's my biggest one. I dont plan on collecting LSF's unless they have a character that I really want. But for now, he is king of my collection.

300124_press01-001_zps197a2619.jpg

Back