Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know many don't agree but those are my thoughts.

I like the full sculpt maquette line better as a whole so I will hopefully wait and get a more masculine Sauron in that line!

I think he looks bad asss and there might not be another new Sauron available for a very very long time...if ever...unless Weta does the Necromancer depending how they show him in the Hobbit films

Last edited:
IMG_2343.jpg

I looked at my 1/4 scale HCG Sleepy Hollow Headless Horseman today and said...man he looks like a Ringwraith...maybe they looked like this in the second age or something...I took the 1/4 SSW Witch-King crown and VIOLA!...I will proudly display him with Sauron...NO DOUBT!...What an awesome piece for the price...and I almost was thinking to sell it
IMG_2349.jpg

Last edited:
The possibilities for this guy is amazing...I could put the 1/4 scale head of SSW Mouth of Sauron on this guy( after some cutting of course)...even the Morgul Lord Helm...even a black hood...and I think it would look good all with the bad guy theme of LOTR

I didn't say he had chicken legs. Just that he looks too skinny for my taste. I don't know what he really looks like but in the movie he seemed to be more bulky.

I suppose part of my dislike for the piece may have something to do with the overall armor that Sauron wears. Not specifically this piece. His helmet is too oversized with the huge spikes on top. I mean from chin to spike tip it is as tall as his torso!

I guess that may be partly why I can't get on board with this piece, I guess I am just not completely on board with Saurons look.

For example, I much prefer armor like Boromir or Gimly wear.

Maybe if I was just really blown away by the pose and overall look I would be able to overlook what is not my favorite armor on a fantasy character.

yea, there's just too many cool pieces to get, and I can get the SSW Sauron for soooooo cheap, I will prolly be passing on this pf. Maybe one day.

I like the SS base more, except for the orange glow paint. That SSW statue is awesome though. The pose is better than SS.

Back