Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this statue lighting and position will be key for a proper display...If this was on a high shelf with sauron looking down at you with low lighting facing up at him front the front and sides it would be best...IMHO

This look phenomenal. Shouldnt have came here now I m thinking too get this but there is just too much in my plate and I would like to get LS doom as well....

I just want to also say thank you JV for your awesome communication and understanding...of course thanks for your great art works too...cant wait to show photos..:):orthanc:ogat:uruk-hai:orc:ring:nazgul:)

Last edited:
Jerry, between the giclee on paper vs canvas, would you agree that color reproduction is better on paper?
No, not with the process I will be using. These Giclee will be produced "in house " and I will be overseeing the production in my studio. Both paper and canvas are the same within a few percent of each other. The paper has a matte finish and the canvases are coated with an archival gloss coating, so the finish will be different, but not the color itself.

JV

I would not be surprised if this is an open edition. It will give those who really want it an opportunity to save. From memory the SS/Weta one had an ES of 10,000.

I wold expect it to be though I'd limit it to like 750 to be honest. The ES of the SSW statue was close to that at 9500.

Not sure what you mean? You mean edition size? It hasn't been listed yet.

oh,yes.ES
But I have not find any sign about it,I mean usually SS would write "limited editon:TBD" on the official pre-order website if this product is limited edition.

Well, they left it off the Frodo/Sam statue Ex which is limited to 500 before announcing said ES. The same could happen here if they do announce an ES.

No, not with the process I will be using. These Giclee will be produced "in house " and I will be overseeing the production in my studio. Both paper and canvas are the same within a few percent of each other. The paper has a matte finish and the canvases are coated with an archival gloss coating, so the finish will be different, but not the color itself.

JV

I see now. Thank you!

Sideshow Weta Sauron is the better choice IMO.
I really dislike the orange color effect and the skeleton on the base.
Doesn't look LOTRish to me.

im really on the fence for this own.i do like the photos of sauron of the comic con , but from the photos of the gallery i think something scares me to order.

Back