Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Courtesy of Samhain81 on StatueForum

If Sauron is an LSF, this pic lends perspective. Ironman is supposed to be approx. 40".

Yeah, the Wolf Predator looks to be somewhere around 35", which is where I imagine Sauron will be. The line doesn't look like it'll be outta control based on this photo.

Seriously with all of this hub bub is it any wonder that things like the Black Orc PF seem to be languishing a bit. I may have missed this somewhere but there is currently no indication that LOTR will receive treatment in this new line is there? If so I hope they stick with Sauron and leave it at that. If not, then owners of the PF line should be miffed a bit I guess. Hell skip 1:2 and go straight to 1:1 since bigger=better seems to be the trend these days. Hell go to 2:1 while we're at it. I wonder where the scale limitation is, price point as well. I think 1:2 is a bit ridiculous really. It seems a bit decadent. Oh well its still cool to see what they are up to.

Everyone has their own tastes and their own financial situations, so to each their own, but I have enjoyed collecting the Premium Format line as a complete line. Prices on that collection were already very high for me personally, but I could swing it. I think some of the possible speculation is based on the Avatar price point, as she has already been offered at $1600.00. I just couldn't justify that with myself at this stage in my life. Maybe I'll discover cold fusion or something and become independently wealthy, but the current prices are already my limit. No sour grapes, just stating that I would likely have to pass on this due to the price point, and I would be a little bummed, but life goes on. They are only collectibles after all.

I can always enjoy things vicariously through you guys!:1-1:

Yeah, the Wolf Predator looks to be somewhere around 35", which is where I imagine Sauron will be. The line doesn't look like it'll be outta control based on this photo.

Yeah I agree it doesn't look out of control at all. I assume this is the effect of the size of the venue because they sort of look like PF size.

I was wondering when the impending global economic catastrophe would come up. :) One would never guess from SS product line development.

Yeah, optical illusion without any real people in the picture. But if you are familiar with the SS podiums you quickly realize these are freaking huge. Especially Obi Wan, he is gigantic.

Stunning, but gigantic. :horror

Yeah I agree it doesn't look out of control at all. I assume this is the effect of the size of the venue because they sort of look like PF size.

They do, but we already know that IM is about 40" and 1/2 scale and Obi Wan looks to be the same. Clearly however, the Wolf Predator isn't even close to that scale and we already know Sauron isn't even true 1/4 scale so I think it's reasonable to assume alot of these aren't really going to look much different [size-wise] than PF's. I think what is going to distinguish this line from the PF line however, is something SS has already alluded to in their official LFS announcement, namely that the quality of this line will set it apart.

I was wondering when the impending global economic catastrophe would come up. :) One would never guess from SS product line development.

Yeah, go figure.....:lol

They do, but we already know that IM is about 40" and 1/2 scale and Obi Wan looks to be the same. Clearly however, the Wolf Predator isn't even close to that scale and we already know Sauron isn't even true 1/4 scale so I think it's reasonable to assume alot of these aren't really going to look much different [size-wise] than PF's. I think what is going to distinguish this line from the PF line however, is something SS has already alluded to in their official LFS announcement, namely that the quality of this line will set it apart.

Yeah, go figure.....:lol

Yes given that SS specifically mentioned Sauron with reference to this line then I am thinking we are getting not only size here but also perhaps some real armor, maybe real chainmail and metal, metal, metal. I mean they sewed stitched patches in Obi Wan's robe. Sauron will rock.

Also I wonder if the predator piece looks smaller due to pose (obviously), meaning that scale-wise something like thigh circumference may indicate it is in scale in terms of proportions with the others. Maybe not, just a thought.

Yes given that SS specifically mentioned Sauron with reference to this line then I am thinking we are getting not only size here but also perhaps some real armor, maybe real chainmail and metal, metal, metal. I mean they sewed stitched patches in Obi Wan's robe. Sauron will rock.

This could be just about the most ambitious (and pricey) LSF that SSC will ever tackle if they do go the route of actual metal armour and chain mail. The amount of etched designs and detail in Sauron's armour alone is mind-blowing.

Yes, this is something I mentioned earlier today elsewhere. The increased prices of the LSF's in relation to PF's is supposed to be based on two criteria....an increase in size and/or an upgrading of quality. In the case of Sauron, we already know that at just under true 1/4 scale a hefty price increase with Sauron can't have anything to do with size, so it has to be in relation to quality. And the only area where I figure they can up the quality of Sauron [to LSF status] is to replace the sculpted polystone armour with the real thing.......

Yes, this is something I mentioned earlier today elsewhere. The increased prices of the LSF's in relation to PF's is supposed to be based on two criteria....an increase in size and/or an upgrading of quality. In the case of Sauron, we already know that at just under true 1/4 scale a hefty price increase with Sauron can't have anything to do with size, so it has to be in relation to quality. And the only area where I figure they can up the quality of Sauron [to LSF status] is to replace the sculpted polystone armour with the real thing.......

That would be amazing....Depending on the releases, I would maybe be in for 3 characters.....Sauron being one of them.

That would be amazing....Depending on the releases, I would maybe be in for 3 characters.....Sauron being one of them.

There's no doubt metal or some kind of metal alloy armour would set Sauron apart from anything we've ever seen before, and honestly, I can't see any other way SS would be able to justify the LSF-type price tag that's going to be attached to him.

There's no doubt metal or some kind of metal alloy armour would set Sauron apart from anything we've ever seen before, and honestly, I can't see any other way SS would be able to justify the LSF-type price tag that's going to be attached to him.

24 carat gold ring.

Hmmm. From the WIP photo, it seems pretty unlikely that actual metal or metal alloy armour is going to feature. I mean, it clearly showed him with the early stages/base levels of sculpted armour on his torso and head at least. So that only leaves his limbs - and to have those metal-clad, while the main parts of the character were just sculpted polystone or whatever seems a bit pointless/strange to me. No? :huh

Hmmm. From the WIP photo, it seems pretty unlikely that actual metal or metal alloy armour is going to feature. I mean, it clearly showed him with the early stages/base levels of sculpted armour on his torso and head at least. So that only leaves his limbs - and to have those metal-clad, while the main parts of the character were just sculpted polystone or whatever seems a bit pointless/strange to me. No? :huh

You're right! Well there goes that theory......

So will Sauron be a $1500-2000 Legendary Scale Figure? I have caught up with all the facts/rumors.

That's still unclear. I did email SS yesterday asking for some clarification. I mentioned that regardless of whether Sauron is designated as a PF or a LSF it still in essence a 1/4 scale figure and I wanted to know what, if anything [quality-wise], was going to set this apart from the average PF.

Back