Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. For me it hasn't seeing stuff and talking a lot about lotr with folks here. Plus I've got articles to write based on books and what I saw so I'll have that for folks. We still got a little left. :)

Last edited:
I don't know. For me it hasn't seeing stuff and talking anlot about lotr with folks here. Plus I've got articles to wrote based on books and what I saw so I'll have that for folks. We still got a little left. :)

That's why drugs are bad.....

It's also a rhetorical question since we all know the answer. Alot of big news coming out of SDCC, but not a shred of LOTR-related news in 8 days, not a single glimpse of future maquette or PF projects or even a single PF at the event itself....and all this after the momentum the maquette line has created in the last year. Perhaps it was because my expectations were so much higher this year than in previous year's, but this year's event was a major disappointment IMO.

How is this year a major disappointment? We got Boromir maq, Arwen, and the Snow Troll. Trust me seeing them in person along with the rest and that this line is going strong in the right direction. There is nothing disappointing about this year LOTR showing at Comic-Con.

How is this year a major disappointment? We got Boromir maq, Arwen, and the Snow Troll. Trust me seeing them in person along with the rest and that this line is going strong in the right direction. There is nothing disappointing about this year LOTR showing at Comic-Con.

Have you seen a Ringwraith on Steed PF or Sauron Legendary Scale Figure :monkey3 ?

I think you could start with the RWOS PF. SS told us to expect a 'big' PF pre-order opportunity in mid 2011 and not only didn't they deliver....they never provided a single shred of news concerning the PF we all expected to at least hear something about. This is also the first year I can ever recall where not only didn't they provide us with some PF news.....they didn't display a single PF, not even Gollum or the Mordor Orc. So from a LOTR PF collectors point of view, how could this year's event have possibly been more disappointing? :confused:

Yes, the news wasn't quite so bleak for maquette collectors, but since we all expected at least one, if not both, of the two remaining maquettes to be available for pre-order sometime in July the Boromir pre-order, while no doubt outstanding, was by no means unexpected. Yes, the Snow Troll was unexpected, and very pleasantly so, but it is not a part of the maquette or PF lines and therefore it isn't going to resonate with a certain percentage of LOTR collectors no matter how good it looks. The major disappointment amongst maquette collectors, however, lies in the fact we didn't receive a single bit of information regarding the next wave of maquettes, which is now clearly upon us. Last year, on two separate occasions [ToyFair and SDCC] SS provided us with videos that introduced us to conceptual artwork and WIP images of future maquettes and PF's....this year nothing. And I think most of us were fully expecting some kind of sneak peek video at this years event.....but we got squat. :(

Like I said, alot of fantastic news from SS overall at this years event, but I hate to say it.....looking at this from a strictly LOTR perspective it feels like SS 'mailed this one in" to a certain extent. :dunno

Last edited:
The DC license and the LSF announcement were the big home runs at Comic Con this year.

Arwen, and Boromir were announced a year ago. So, it's not like we were suprised in that sense.

The Snow Troll was the only LOTR item we didn't know about. Not one LOTR P.F. this year and not one on display (that I know of) or any previews of anything.

It's kind of a let down.

The DC license and the LSF announcement were the big home runs at Comic Con this year.

Arwen, and Boromir were announced a year ago. So, it's not like we were suprised in that sense.

The Snow Troll was the only LOTR item we didn't know about. Not one LOTR P.F. this year and not one on display (that I know of) or any previews of anything.

It's kind of a let down.

I think next year (with Hobbit just around the corner) we'll have a big influx of LotR related items... At least I hope so.... :pray:

I think you could start with the RWOS PF. SS told us to expect a 'big' PF pre-order opportunity in mid 2011 and not only didn't they deliver....they never provided a single shred of news concerning the PF we all expected to at least hear something about. This is also the first year I can ever recall where not only didn't they provide us with some PF news.....they didn't display a single PF, not even Gollum or the Mordor Orc. So from a LOTR PF collectors point of view, how could this year's event have possibly been more disappointing? :confused:

Yes, the news wasn't quite so bleak for maquette collectors, but since we all expected at least one, if not both, of the two remaining maquettes to be available for pre-order sometime in July the Boromir pre-order, while no doubt outstanding, was by no means unexpected. Yes, the Snow Troll was unexpected, and very pleasantly so, but it is not a part of the maquette or PF lines and therefore it isn't going to resonate with a certain percentage of LOTR collectors no matter how good it looks. The major disappointment amongst maquette collectors, however, lies in the fact we didn't receive a single bit of information regarding the next wave of maquettes, which is now clearly upon us. Last year, on two separate occasions [ToyFair and SDCC] SS provided us with videos that introduced us to conceptual artwork and WIP images of future maquettes and PF's....this year nothing. And I think most of us were fully expecting some kind of sneak peek video at this years event.....but we got squat. :(

Like I said, alot of fantastic news from SS overall at this years event, but I hate to say it.....looking at this from a strictly LOTR perspective it feels like SS 'mailed this one in" to a certain extent. :dunno

exactly.
Why no PF's on display ?
Why no news on future PF releases ?
Why no news on the continuation of the maquette line ?

exactly.
Why no PF's on display ?
Why no news on future PF releases ?
Why no news on the continuation of the maquette line ?

My guess, they got the license yanked, the maquette Fellowship will never be finished and all we will see are Gentle Giant busts for the Hobbit.

Ok kidding, but it is a bit disconcerting to not here any news about the major lines they are pushing now. Eerily familiar... I'm sure it will be fine.

I dunno. It could be a logistical constraint, a space constraint or both. Who knows. I think they're invested in the LSF and didn't want the RWOS or Sauron to steal their thunder, which if you ask me, might have happened if the RWOS is really 1:4 scale.

Am I happy? Well to be truthfully honest, I'm somewhat relieved. My jaw already dropped when the LSF were unveiled.

Might have passed out if the RWOS did an appearance too.

So while I am disappointed, it could very well be for the best.

I dunno. It could be a logistical constraint, a space constraint or both. Who knows. I think they're invested in the LSF and didn't want the RWOS or Sauron to steal their thunder, which if you ask me, might have happened if the RWOS is really 1:4 scale.

Am I happy? Well to be truthfully honest, I'm somewhat relieved. My jaw already dropped when the LSF were unveiled.

Might have passed out if the RWOS did an appearance too.

So while I am disappointed, it could very well be for the best.

Sauron has already been announced as part of the LSF line, and I've heard rumours the RWOS might be as well, so I can't see how this would have taken anything away from the LSF news. Besides, if anything stole the LSF's thunder it was the DC announcement, which in my mind was the biggest news of the show, and one which is going to impact collectors alot more than the LSF line ever will.
The point is, it's been over two years since SS informed us a Ringwarith was in the works, and they told us to look for a big PF opportunity mid 2011.......and we got nothing. SS's biggest event of the year, and not even a hint or whisper concerning their biggest LOTR PF undertaking ever.......all I know is if I exclusively collected LOTR PF's I'd be royally pissed at the moment......And as if the lack of anything PF-related [pre-orders, previews, sneak peeks, or a single PF at the show!] wasn't enough.....the ONLY piece of news collectors received at the entire show, or during SS's month-long event was that the Sauron PF has now been designated a LSF......translation : It just went from expensive to "I'm gonna need a 2nd mortgage" expensive. Is that the kind of 'good' news anyone wanted to hear? :gah:

Back