Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang 600 shipped is a steal for this beast! If the ES on this was cut in half I think it would be a big aftermarket grail. But I'm also glad that SS produced such an amazing piece in quantities large enough for everyone to get one at or below retail. With pieces that are so expensive to start, it's unfair with a low ES because not everyone has $900 to throw down right away when it becomes available. The high ES allows people to plan and save and not get screwed over in doing so.

Indeed. The damage seems almost unnoticeable and I imagine someone with even my lack of sculpting/painting skill could fix it.

Surprised it didn't go higher honestly.
Yea, there will be a lot of people kicking themselves when they see that price. He should not have put damage in the title, may have scared away some people who did not bother to see how minor it was. If you can't/don't want to fix it I think I have an extra of the side you need. I kept in in case mine ever broke.

Yea, there will be a lot of people kicking themselves when they see that price. He should not have put damage in the title, may have scared away some people who did not bother to see how minor it was.
Exactly what I was thinking. I bet a lot of people just saw "slight damage" in the title and didn't pay it another notice.

If you can't/don't want to fix it I think I have an extra of the side you need. I kept in in case mine ever broke.
That's very generous of you. I'll have to wait until I receive mine and see what my final opinion of the damage is.

Wow, just looked up the old listing...this the one with just a damaged shoulder spike?

Lots off for such small "damage".

Just hope they pack him back up nice and solid and that he doesnt arrive with more. :(

Wow, just looked up the old listing...this the one with just a damaged shoulder spike?

Lots off for such small "damage".
Indeed. When I first saw the picture I couldn't even tell what the damage was. :lol

You one lucky M************r
:yess:
Just hope they pack him back up nice and solid and that he doesnt arrive with more. :(
Yeah, that thought has crossed my mind...

That's a steal for this piece wow.

I hope some day this PF gets the recognition it deserves because it truly is a show stopper and in any collection I think it just stands out so much. I know in my home this has by far the biggest presence of any piece I have and I like to think I have a lot of nice ones.

we can only hope that one day it actually sells out.....then maybe it will actually hold it's value. I never thought it would be around this long.

we can only hope that one day it actually sells out.....then maybe it will actually hold it's value. I never thought it would be around this long.

IMHO the Weta Sauron destroys PF Sauron and considering you can find the Weta sauron for around $500 I dont understand how PF Sauron sold at that price at all.

I've seen the weta in person. Besides the paint, I never liked it. If they were both the same size, it might have made my choice a little more difficult

They made a lot of them because it is an awesome statue and a popular character. They made enough to go around. The value could drop to $10 because collectors can be stupid. This piece is amazing and only leaves my collection if I need money to pay for food.

Let's also remember the Weta piece had 9500 pieces made and eventually sold out. This will too.

Both are great but I do give the edge to the SS sauron. It's just so detailed and massive. Has a huge presence in the room.

IMHO the Weta Sauron destroys PF Sauron and considering you can find the Weta sauron for around $500 I dont understand how PF Sauron sold at that price at all.

Weta may have slight edge with paint, but IMO the PF beats the Weta in every other respect for not a whole lot more. To make that statement you must have never seen one in person.

Weta may have slight edge with paint, but IMO the PF beats the Weta in every other respect for not a whole lot more. To make that statement you must have never seen one in person.
The pose is much more crucial than the paint. Weta got THE Sauron pose of which everbody thinks when woken up at night and asked about Sauron.
I have seen both in person. Not in my house unfortunately but I bought something on small ads and the other collector happened to live 5km away from my place. He had both Saurons and size doesn't make a better statue especially since weta has a lot more LotR statues to scale with weta Sauron nicely. PF Sauron doesnt have a lot of companions to scale with. I like my collection displayed in a vivid way. For the same reasons I find weta RWOS infinitely superior to DROM. However Lurtz and Berserker PF stand absolutely unrivaled. Everybody is allowed to disagree.
I can totally understand ppl loving SS for their mixed media on clothes and the presence of such a statue. That's why I love my orc PFs so much :D

The PF arrived today with no shipping damage as far as I can tell.

First impressions are:

1. Size and sculpt are awesome.
2. Paint is surprisingly bland.

I love it though, it's an awesome statue and the pose looks much less feminine in person.

The damaged shoulder spike is almost completely unnoticeable...I mean I never would have seen it if it wasn't pointed out to me. I feel kinda bad for the guy who sold this.

With that being said, I'm glad I didn't spend $900 on this. I don't think it's worth that much. It's scary to think SS could have easily slapped the LSF price tag on this. :horror

Back