Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As well as some of the re-paints have turned out, I just can't picture mine without the glow effect. I was probably one of the harshest critics over the glow when Sauron was first previewed and did a 180 on it once I saw it in person.:lol

As well as some of the re-paints have turned out, I just can't picture mine without the glow effect. I was probably one of the harshest critics over the glow when Sauron was first previewed and did a 180 on it once I saw it in person.:lol

Nazguls...the ultimate in Sauron suck up.... "Go and fetch me my ring!" "Yes Massa" LOL:wink1:

Nazguls...the ultimate in Sauron suck up.... "Go and fetch me my ring!" "Yes Massa" LOL:wink1:

Why I oughta...

2three-stooges-houdini.jpg

:lol

"Hey guys! NK! Come here fellas! You don't think I look too orange?" "No suh! No way boss! Do ya needs mo firewood for yo eye Massa?" LOL

Yeah, now it does seem more appropiate to apply it some charcoal. He is the dark lord afterall, and repainting him with more of an chrome or shiny armor look, would make him more of an hero knight.

you guys know all the issues you're bringing up with the lackluster paint on Sauron? this is exactly how the Doom LSF looked at Con.

Sauron.jpg

The Jokers in trouble!

I was on the fence about this statue. I am 100% glad I pulled the trigger. This thing is amazing in person compared to what you see or read - this is one of the few cases imo that having it in hand is the only way to fully appreciate it. I returned the Dark Rider PF reg. and I was okay with that, at the time. There's no way this is going back. I'll prob. grab a Dark Rider PF Ex. in the future just as an accessory piece. I have no problem with this pieces paint job - I think it came out perfect.

:hi5:
Yea, pics to not do this guy justice. This guy is making me want to get into 1/3 or 1/2 scale. :thud:
Good to see the helm pieces on the base seem to all be intact.

I too am wanting to eventually add a DR, but the cracking legs worry me still at the moment.
Would like to also grab the Morgul Lord for a trio.

The ONLY thing that bothers me in the slightest about the paint on him is that bright orange line on the tip of the shield at the base.......It just seems like they could have just left it without that.

He is amazing, and I'm glad I bought one before he sold out! I get to appreciate him everyday as the centerpiece of my entertainment area!

I do think the weta sauron paint job is better though

You know, you make a interesting statement. I wonder if the WETA Sauron was in 1/4 size would people prefer the WETA version or the SSC version. I feel it's easier to pull out detail issues in a larger piece than the smaller piece.

Back