Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, you make a interesting statement. I wonder if the WETA Sauron was in 1/4 size would people prefer the WETA version or the SSC version. I feel it's easier to pull out detail issues in a larger piece than the smaller piece.

Haven't seen either in person but I like the pose better on the Weta Sauron. Him holding his hand up like that is pretty iconic and there no giant mace sticking out taking up what looks like quite a bit of room.

You know, you make a interesting statement. I wonder if the WETA Sauron was in 1/4 size would people prefer the WETA version or the SSC version. I feel it's easier to pull out detail issues in a larger piece than the smaller piece.
I will take the PF better sculpt and base over slightly better SSW paint any day, even if they were the same scale.

I dont see why they couldnt have just put the mace lower by his side, rather than having it stick so far out?

No...well I can not say I know of the Mark's to compare, but Sauron is sitting in my house.
Probably the "worst" problems are...

1...you personally not liking the paint app. But pics do not do his app justice (not that it is super awesome or anything).
2. His base has some really delicate parts, potential breakage there if unlucky, but not like Apoc's EX where it seems like most are broken.
Local store had 2. First one had a slightly damaged base of the parts I spoke of. Luckily they had a second and it was good to go.

Oh, the most I seen that many people had the same problems with were one of his spike on his helm (front middle) comes slightly bent. Most likely just from sitting in the packaging. A few mins with a hair dyer should easily correct the issue.

Awesome, thank you! Any ideas on who is next in this line from SS? I'd love to see Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, Faramir, Boromir, etc. I hope they keep it going.

Most people think he is the last one they will be doing. Hopefully that is not the case. They already did a Legolas and Aragorn.

Most people think he is the last one they will be doing. Hopefully that is not the case. They already did a Legolas and Aragorn.
They give the biggest fantasy universe the smallest attention. Cri evritiem :/
If ppl just stopped fanboying over spandex heroes....yea when pigs fly:rotfl
jk

They give the biggest fantasy universe the smallest attention. Cri evritiem :/
If ppl just stopped fanboying over spandex heroes....yea when pigs fly:rotfl
jk

I think this line is dead too. Well, they have a open ES of the DROM pf, but I can't imagine why they are still making those, I doubt they are selling many these days. People should prolly just be satisified they have released what they have. Weta seems to be a good niche for people that still crave statues from LOTR/Hobbit. I can't see SS revisiting this line at a later time when there won't be any hype.

Back