Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never could afford the hot toys ones so these are on the way now and I got screwed out of the first one so hopefully it worked out better now that these things are fixed up a little bit but I guess that's no good for the people I got the first batch.
Meant to say for the people that got the first batch

Just got the mail today. Trying to figure out what poses I should go with.

Attachments

• 20231222_134246.jpg
    20231222_134246.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231222_134309.jpg
    20231222_134309.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231222_134356.jpg
    20231222_134356.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231222_134608.jpg
    20231222_134608.jpg
    877.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231222_140627.jpg
    20231222_140627.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 0
Batman was improved !
Yeah no more saggy drawers I don't know what else was wrong with the first batch but he looks pretty good to me both of them do. I know the people who got the first batch probably aren't happy about that, I probably wouldn't be either maybe I'll send out a new pair of drawers or something.

Yeah no more saggy drawers I don't know what else was wrong with the first batch but he looks pretty good to me both of them do. I know the people who got the first batch probably aren't happy about that, I probably wouldn't be either maybe I'll send out a new pair of drawers or something.
Meant to say maybe they'll send out a new pair of drawers not me LOL

bat emblem is placed higher also .

is the bat emblem a sticker? I consider making a custom suit but it'd be much easier for me if I could re-use the one it comes with

Something I regretted after padding and redressing Batman 1.0 was not cutting the legs off the Sideshow Luke X-Wing fat suit, because the ends showed through the Bat suit as an unsightly line.

Since I've been changing and upgrading figures over the last few days I was finally motivated to strip all the layers off and perform the required fat suit surgery. It didn't take long and since Saturn's suit is so robust it was thankfully a stress free operation.

IMG_1659 Saturn Batman.JPG
IMG_1660 Saturn Batman.JPG
IMG_1661 Mars Saturn.JPG
IMG_1667 Mars Saturn.JPG

Something I regretted after padding and redressing Batman 1.0 was not cutting the legs off the Sideshow Luke X-Wing fat suit, because the ends showed through the Bat suit as an unsightly line.

Since I've been changing and upgrading figures over the last few days I was finally motivated to strip all the layers off and perform the required fat suit surgery. It didn't take long and since Saturn's suit is so robust it was thankfully a stress free operation.

View attachment 680480View attachment 680481View attachment 680482View attachment 680483
What all exactly did you do ?
Doesn't look like you adjusted the bat emblem position ?

What all exactly did you do ?
Doesn't look like you adjusted the bat emblem position ?

When I got him I added the fat suit that came with a Sideshow Luke X-Wing, which is shaped like a vest with legs that extend to the knee. The ends of legs showed through the bat suit, so I've now cut them off.

The bat suit is pulled up as high as it will go, so that's as high as the emblem can sit. I could push his belt down a bit more to improve the appearance by increasing the ratio of suit showing below the emblem.

Apart from that he has a Hot Toys face plate and cape, and some cotton wool down the back of his trunks to take up the slack!

Just broke my Star Wars only collection to get these. KG Hobby had the 2nd batch received on their Instagram stories and to PM them about them as they aren't on their website.
They offered a cheaper option of removed from the box and the figures and accessories placed in a smaller one to reduce the weight and size making it about £190 all in shipped. Otherwise you could keep the original box but would be a extra £35ish.

Just broke my Star Wars only collection to get these. KG Hobby had the 2nd batch received on their Instagram stories and to PM them about them as they aren't on their website.
They offered a cheaper option of removed from the box and the figures and accessories placed in a smaller one to reduce the weight and size making it about £190 all in shipped. Otherwise you could keep the original box but would be a extra £35ish.
I am always torn. 1/6 scale boxes are so nice, but takes up so much space. The one great thing is boxes is a good way to store accessories and cycle displays because you can store figures no in use.

It's hard for me to get things without boxes at this point due to great art displays and accessory storage.

I actually found the Saturn Toys box art not that great to be honest. I am not sure why they chose a slightly blurry Batman/Robin for the front of the box.

Back