Premium Format Saruman the White Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azog was in the book? I guess that shows how many years it's been since I've read The Hobbit. Don't recall him at all.

Azog was in the book? I guess that shows how many years it's been since I've read The Hobbit. Don't recall him at all.

I believe he is mentioned in part of the history of Thorin and his line. He isn't an active character. I believe there is more about him in another Tolkein work.

He does do the things in Tolkein's work that he does in the Jackson movies, but he is definitely a Tolkein character and the Orc commander who killed Thror and is the father of Bolg. I think in the books it is said that Dain hunted him down and killed him after Azog killed Thror in the battle for Moria (I think).

I think in the books it is said that Dain hunted him down and killed him after Azog killed Thror in the battle for Moria (I think).

In other words, from the point of view of the Hobbit, Azog is "made up" to be included in the PJ films, since from the books, he had been dead for around 150 years before Bilbo went to say hello to a dragon.

So no, Azog wasn't in the book of the Hobbit.

In other words, from the point of view of the Hobbit, Azog is "made up" to be included in the PJ films, since from the books, he had been dead for around 150 years before Bilbo went to say hello to a dragon.

Nor was Gandalf's trip to Dol Guldur but I'm glad it's in the movie. Azog added a lot to the films and his role doesn't really change the story fundamentally. It adds in a consistent bad guy since in the book one doesn't exist in the Hobbit.

Well I prefer being fan of Tolkiens World rather than being fan of a small part of it which is "The Hobbit" ;) But you are right

So my WL for Saruman EX converted the other day :hi5:
Couldn't believe my luck, only put myself on the WL about two months ago.
He's gonna look great with my Lurtz and Berserker PFs :)

I regret not getting on the wait list for the exclusive. I like the Palantir but the alternate hand would have been a nice option as well. Ah well.

I regret not getting on the wait list for the exclusive. I like the Palantir but the alternate hand would have been a nice option as well. Ah well.

Get on the waitlist now, you never know. I'm still leaning towards displaying him with the exclusive hand not the Palantir to start.

I like the EX hand better too.
Yeah i showed my cousin the Saruman PF (he's a massive LotR fan, he reads it every year sorta guy) and when he saw the exclusive he was like "Whoah!" And he started laughing he said it looked so badass. Love the look it gives him. Glad they made it the Ex

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Both are great to be sure. Can't wait to see this guy next month.

Great looking figure overall. I think the palantír is the weakest part, it just wasn't executed well. If someone were to get a custom marble made and replaced the SS plastic one it would be nothing less than awesome. Don't even need the eye, just the basic palantír. But if you could get a flaming eye in glass that would look pretty sick.

Just seeing this thread move gets me so excited to get this in hand

Azog wasn't in the book. As guru said he was dead a very long time and died at the battle of moria. All of which happened well before the events of The Hobbit. There is some info in The Hobbit and more information in the appendices of The Lord of the Rings.

Azog wasn't in the book. As guru said he was dead a very long time and died at the battle of moria. All of which happened well before the events of The Hobbit. There is some info in The Hobbit and more information in the appendices of The Lord of the Rings.
He wasn't in the book but he was mentioned in the book :lecture
Which is a shame, they should have just had the light up Palantir as a standalone piece for the EX and gave everyone the menacing hand instead.
They made the Palantir way too small anyway.

Back