Premium Format Saruman the White Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect the last. Consider the limited ES (sales) of Saruman compared to marquee comic licences or even the COTD line. Queen of the Dead is getting 3000 pieces (a made up character no one has ever heard of) compared to 1400 Saruman PFs.

True, but they still have to be making a ton of money on 1400 even. QotD at 3K is not going to sell out anytime soon and scantily clad always doubles the ES anyway.

In a way I am glad SS may be bowing out as it simplifies things and I have way too many hobbies and interests. I also feel good about the 400 ES on the Saruman EX. Some of the ES on Marvel/DC characters are insane. The COTD line I really feel should be kept quite limited, they aren't going that route. As soon as the Queen hits, if the QC is off, well good luck SS.

Last edited:
Re: Saruman the White

It sucks for me that SS is pulling out. I prefer their PFs to what WETA produces

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

It sucks for me that SS is pulling out. I prefer their PFs to what WETA produces

Why so? Because of the different materials SS uses for clothes? Yea I like that aspect of SS statues but nowadays I find weta stuff to be more detailed.

Mixed media, size is a big one, swap outs are nice, and much better bases.
I see.

How is the situation with Saruman right now? Is there a real chance to get the EX through waitlist?

Ah why the hell not..I just put myself on the waitlist. Don't expect anything, don't have much hope. If it works out, great. If not I have other things to purchase

Wait list will be tough to get at this point I think, but I'm sure there is a chance. Once that film comes out I'm sure a few more will put their names on the wait list.

Hard to know how deep the WL is. At the very least being on the WL could get you a 10% off coupon to use for the regular once SS closes the EX WL.

Why so? Because of the different materials SS uses for clothes? Yea I like that aspect of SS statues but nowadays I find weta stuff to be more detailed.

Mixed media, size is a big one, swap outs are nice, and much better bases.
Stingray beat me to it but yeah that's the gist of it for me too. Huge one is the mixed media as I feel it really makes the characters come alive in a way that fully sculpted statues can't relay

Im going to be bowing out with Saruman and giving sideshow a call soon to transfer my nrd. Maybe one of you gents will win the WL conversion lottery! :) I sold off what I thought was one of the last LOTR statues I was going to keep to go along with Sauron and Saruman, which was Gollum. So it looks like Im just going to keep Sauron by his lonesome self. Thats all I really need. The head honcho... The Lord of the Rings himself. :lecture

One of the great things about when both were doing it is the option to have the format you prefer. I much prefer statues to PF's as a whole. I love the way Weta does their pieces. The likeness, paint, detail, and the bases are just really fantastic. I do like that Weta is adding some enviro like bits to their bases.

Nothing tops PFs for me, but as stated it's all personal taste. The 1st PF I ever bought was farmboy Luke and I remember thinking how awesome Gandalf the Grey and Saruman would be in this format. Many years later I'm going to be very happy to finally add Saruman.

Just saw this nigg in the Coming Soon section of the Newsletter

usually means 30 days or less

Must be ahead of the reschedule. They changed my flex a while back so that my payments end of January 15th. Although if it is due out after the 15th of December that makes sense too.
The sooner I have him innhand the happier I'll be. Would love to have him before Christmas!

Hopefully early to mid Jan. If he's here in Dec I'll have a funds crunch.

**** that noise! Keep your **** tight my niggs, we shall be fine!

Back