Premium Format Saruman the White Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smaugs biggest weapon is his fire breathing......that would simply make Balrog laugh.

Claws and teeth can rip the Balrog to shreds..little Pieces

Smaugs biggest weapon is his fire breathing......that would simply make Balrog laugh.

I assumed fire would be negated on both sides.

Claws, rows of razor sharp teeth in jaws the size of a small car, tail, wings and armor.
Beyond genius level intellect, magical abilities (at least in D&D), cunning, viciousness and vindictiveness beyond most other entities in ME.
Size and strength.
The only way Samug could have been defeated was a 1/1,000,000 shot.
Once he took Erebor no dwarf, elf, man, orc or wizard went near it for almost a century untill they knew he was dead.

I'd say the majority of Balrogs fell to weapons in the hands of elves (possibly some men), Gandalf with an advantage with being not only a wizard but also wearing a ring of power.

In a one on one Smaug definitely has an advantage.

ordered this piece yesterday, sauron saruman done, hopefully can get the retired ROTK witch king to complete my LOTR villains

Yeah this is a really dumb conversation. Asking if a Balrog can beat Smaug like the equivalent of asking if a Warg can beat a Balrog.

Smaug......LOL.

An iron arrow knocked one of his scales off and later killed him. Swords and arrows were of no use vs the Balrog ( per Gandalf ) so neither are teeth and claws.

Last edited:
Except Godzilla was much larger than Smaug. Smaug is bigger than Balrog, but not by that much in your comparison.

Over your Cave Trolling.

Added more later. Sorry, just feel Smaug would lose. Balrog is more than just fire and teeth. It took a powerful wizard and magic to kill him, not just an iron arrow.

Can't believe I'm in a who'd win nerd debate :lol

Back