Premium Format Saruman the White Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Saruman the White

They do not ever IMHO have to touch those scales. Ever

I have to agree with this. Weta's stuff is beyond awesome in 1:6 and it's been that way since the SSW days. They don't have to do bigger scales to show they can handle their own in Middle-earth.

No question Weta's stuff is awesome but if they want my money they do. :lecture

Unless it's something as cool as Azog on Warg then they can have my money anyway! :rock :lol

No they don't. I am happy with the size And quality and am not a 1/4 scale nut like some

I prefer 1:4 scale. I didn't think that made me a nut? :dunno :moon

Why do people state "yes or no" as if it's some solid fact? Some people want larger scale, some don't. Neither OPINION is right or wrong. It's personal taste for what YOU want and that's fine, but someone else isn't wrong because they like something different.

Come on Kit, you know if one doesn't agree it makes one either a noob, fanboy or epic failure. It's just how it works around here. :lol

I didn't say anything about them doing it to get your money. I said they don't have to in order to show they can do great Middle-earth pieces.

I didn't say anything about them doing it to get your money. I said they don't have to in order to show they can do great Middle-earth pieces.

That's not what I meant. I meant if they want me to personally buy the M.E. stuff, they're going to need to go 1:4 scale because that's my main collecting focus. Their competence and quality is not in question. And on top of that, their current direction is probably good enough since I'm not so sure 1:4 collecting is all that popular anyway when it comes to M.E.

Also, since I ordered Azog and the Barrel Riders my focus is more of what you call guidelines than actual rules. :lol

I'm not sure Weta would have the time to invest in a larger scale. They're quite busy with collectibles and film making, and they've never done 1/4 scale before. That's not to say they won't, and it's your personal preference for a larger scale, but it's also my preference for a smaller scale where I can fit more on my shelves. 1/6 scale catches a level of detail just right, and isn't too large.

glad that LOTR line still alive! can't wait for the full reveal

The point being is that Weta doesn't have to make pieces in those sizes to be great. They're already great and do great things.

I agree with that. My point is that personal preference is just that.....PERSONAL preference. Neither side is right or wrong for wanting a certain thing, but you're right that a company isn't good or bad based on the scale of their work.

Come on Kit, you know if one doesn't agree it makes one either a noob, fanboy or epic failure. It's just how it works around here. :lol

Exactly, just like every movie sucks if doesn't include the story or characters some fanboy DEMANDS it must have or its a "fail". Personally, I think fanboys are a fail.

Anyone see this pic?

350x350-300105saruman-preview-th.jpg

No who is it? Is Sideshow doing a Charlton Heston 10 Commandments PF?

Back