SanShouXMA's DC Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATE: The Emerald Archer Arrives - Green Arrow

shouldn't the mods be moving these custom threads into the dc customs sections?

shouldn't the mods be moving these custom threads into the dc customs sections?

I received a PM from the mod(s) for that a while back because I apparently insulted them for calling them lazy for not maintaining the sections.

Look at all the inconsistency in coloured tags and custom threads creeping back to this front page because Dave and such never saw the need to move them. As at that time they weren't at the front page. Great logic that. ;)

Look at Sony. The same practice applies. Regardless how serious big or small. You don't try to fix things after the horse has bolted. Reactive, not proactive sadly.

Re: The Emerald Archer Arrives - Green Arrow

9c672bd9.jpg

177de5af.jpg

b89c030e.jpg

SPECIAL THANKS TO CREGCUSTOMS FOR HIS BEAUTIFUL WORK.

These are the finished pics then?^^^

He looks fantastic! Congrats! :duff

Diggin' the Aquaman too. I look forward to seeing how you improve this:

Thanks Void. I'm working on an Aquaman. The original one I made didn't tickle my fancy so I'm going another route with it.
Here's the original.
6bd606ba.jpg

Thanks Mag. Yea the Green Arrow is FINALLY complete. Aquaman is being totally revamped. I'm using a new body and only thing staying is the head and trident. Anyone in the market for a Perseus body PM me I'm getting rid of mine. I got all new gear for Aquaman.

b89c030e.jpg

4d17be73.jpg

cf0abb8d.jpg

c1122551.jpg

Last edited:

whatever, I'm glad I saw it before it was moved!

That should encourage you to check out the customs sub-forum every once in a while. Otherwise, you'll miss out on some really cool projects, like the figures in this thread.

SanShouXMA, it's been awhile since I checked on your progress with these figures. You've done some really amazing work here. My favorite might still be the Red Hood, just for its stark simplicity - I could easily see it fitting right in with Nolan's Batman figures, as far as theme and tone goes. (Though you never answered my question about the source of his headsculpt :() But the other figures are pretty badass too!

Thanks hytil. I thought I did... the Red Hood is a DX Batman head with the ears and nose chopped off and sculpted over.

Can a mod PLEASE move this thread to the DC Customs section. I think I'm going to keep this for all my up coming customs.

Anyway my parts finally came in from TA. Here is the base of my new Aquaman. I'm really digging this version. I just need to paint the armor orange and gold. Then find a nice pair of gauntlets and a new pair of boots. The current boots are for my Martian Manhunter.

da4eb901.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great,I do think that a more classic version could work. Use the original suit,but possibily add some elements to make his appearance a bit more warrior-esque. I think the original concept is good,but the execution of the second attempt is better. What if you combined the two? Granted, it's your custom. I'm just trying to give my two cents, so please don't take offense to it.:)

Here is a sneak peak of what else I'm working on:

b7c18a6c.jpg

With light up eyes:
2b483eea.jpg

Last edited:
Haha... Thanks. The heads actually a Wesker head. I like the light up pupils.

Haha, oh man, I had the same idea last week and I've been experimenting with different materials for the bandage effect, since I'm not sure I could do a very good-looking bandage sculpt. What method did you end up choosing?

Also, I would have never guessed your Red Hood used a Batman DX head! That's an expensive component, but well done. Did it retain the PERS functionality?

Haha, oh man, I had the same idea last week and I've been experimenting with different materials for the bandage effect, since I'm not sure I could do a very good-looking bandage sculpt. What method did you end up choosing?

Also, I would have never guessed your Red Hood used a Batman DX head! That's an expensive component, but well done. Did it retain the PERS functionality?

Right now I've got gentle medical tape on it and I'm not sure it's gonna stay. It doesn't look too bandagey so I may try sports tape next. Also I have to chop off some more hair on it. The cranium seems too big still.

As for the PERS head yes it still has it's functionality. I have an extra DX02 head laying around and I really wanted my Red Hood to have PERS so I just used it.

Haytil: I tried the sports tape it it came out a lot better. It gives the real bandage look more than the other tape.

bde39cbd.jpg

You should try that. Also here's my complete Aquaman. I'm very happy with it. It give a little bit of the comic, Young Justice, and Smallville Aquaman look.

43b94ab4.jpg

56f7428a.jpg

I kind of liked the first one also but it just didn't fit in with the others and it didn't wow me the way the others did.

Haytil: I tried the sports tape it it came out a lot better. It gives the real bandage look more than the other tape.

bde39cbd.jpg

Hmmm. I'm not sure, but I think the first test pic you showed might work a little bit better. I can see what you mean about a "real bandage look," but I fear that the bandage texture you used doesn't translate very well to 1/6 scale.

Of course, it could just be that the image quality of the first pics aren't as good, or the wrappings looked a little more haphazard (and rightfully so), making it look better in comparison. I'm not sure.

Back