SanShouXMA's DC Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Emerald Archer Arrives - Green Arrow

Well for several reason:
1. The heads on the 13" figures are too big for the bodies I'm using.
2. It wasn't the direction I was trying to go with the figure
-and-
3. (Most importantly) I don't have a 13" Green Arrow. LOL.

Well for several reason:
1. The heads on the 13" figures are too big for the bodies I'm using.
2. It wasn't the direction I was trying to go with the figure
-and-
3. (Most importantly) I don't have a 13" Green Arrow. LOL.

1. Hmm in my experience the 13inch DCD heads are actually in true 1/6 scale (HT's heads are slightly undersized, but their bodies are fine).
2. Fair enough
3. Fair enough again!

I think stark with some mods would look good anyway

Yeah, just use Stark and start posting pics! :exactly:

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I've posted Ollie in two forums and so far only 2 people seem to think RDJ isn't a good fit. I'm thinking it is. lol.

From what you've shown, the RDJ head looks great and I don't imagine it won't continue to do so after the paint job.

Of course, I'm much more of a Batman/DC guy, so maybe the RDJ/Iron Man connection just isn't strong enough in my view to bother me. Perhaps if you were using an actor that had been in the Batman movies, I'd feel the same way some of the others do about RDJ's headsculpt...

I think the mod on the RDJ head will take away from the Stark-ness of the sculpt (hopefully). It'll still look like RDJ, but that's what I want. The reason I picked RDJ is because in a movie I really think he could give Ollie/ Green Arrow a lot of justice. The way he can pull off the arrogant roles. He's just got that natural smart ass-ness lol. I just think he'd make a great Green Arrow.

I agree, RDJ would be able to pull off the character pretty well. He did good with Holmes. This got me to thinking, though, who else would be able to play GA really well? I doubt that a GA movie would be feasible anytime soon, but if it does come to pass, I doubt if RDJ would be offered the role.

I've thought about it a few time also. I agree with you about RDJ not being offered the part. He'll always be known to comic fans as Tony Stark. Even though Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans both have played a couple different characters in comic movies I don't they they play that much of an iconic character. Iron Man is too well known now, but I have no idea who else could play Green Arrow.

Well I think Ryan R is likely to be recognized quite widely as Green lantern after that movie comes out, from the looks of things, GL is going to be like DC's Iron Man.

As for actors that could play Green Arrow - hmmmmm

I really need to get more into Green arrow. I admire him because he wears my favorite color, and is a vigilante with no powers like Batman.

I own a Hush novel where he appears, he seems like a cool character.

And void, it's about time you got an avatar! good choice on your first one! (i think its the first anyways)

Well I think Ryan R is likely to be recognized quite widely as Green lantern after that movie comes out, from the looks of things, GL is going to be like DC's Iron Man.

As for actors that could play Green Arrow - hmmmmm

I agree. After Green Lantern he'll be the Green Lantern. Unfortunately if this is true we can all kiss Dead Pool good bye. :(

I agree. After Green Lantern he'll be the Green Lantern. Unfortunately if this is true we can all kiss Dead Pool good bye. :(

I've heard rumors to the effect that, although Reynolds might very well be awesome as GL, the "Deadpool" script is so good that Deadpool, and not GL, might end up being the defining role for Reynolds.

I guess we'll see...

Part of me hopes that's true since GL will be coming out before Deadpool. That way he will still play both.

Here's a preview of the next project
IMG_20101030_214059.jpg

Last edited:
Re: UPDATE: The Emerald Archer Arrives - Green Arrow

Finally added the finished pics in the first post. After several months of work Green Arrow is finally done... well almost. Still waiting for my hands from Dean. Then it'll be done.

Just need you're opinions. I'm torn as to which gauntlets I should use. Should I use this one:

IMG_20110123_210329.jpg

Or should I use these gauntlets, I can even paint them dark green if need be:
1295836574256.jpg

Last edited:

I kind of like the first ones, but they need to be heavily weathered. They are too bright right now. If you can make then look darker and a little worn, then cool. Otherwise I'd work with the second ones. :peace

BTW, I think the RDJ sculpt worked out fine. :)

Back