Premium Format Sandtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the pose and scale, they look identical to me. :dunno

In your opinion Potato Head Spud Trooper is identical with these 2 statues too, isn't it? Other than the pose and scale, of course... LOL :p

This might help a bit, or maybe not:

comparison Stormtrooper helmets 2.jpg

In your opinion Potato Head Spud Trooper is identical with these 2 statues too, isn't it? Other than the pose and scale, of course... LOL :p

This might help a bit, or maybe not:

View attachment 281049

Haha. Love it. I think the eFX and Sideshow look most similar? The TE2 seems to be the outlier. Is that correct?

Only decent looking one there is the middle one. The EFX lid is crap too for the price they're peddling it at.

Only decent looking one there is the middle one. The EFX lid is crap too for the price they're peddling it at.

The EFX there is not the PCR ABS version, but the fiberglass LE one similar to MR LE. Not perfect but still a cool helmet (light years ahead the MR CE/EFX PCR plastic one), especially since we didn't get any other Hero helmet out so far.

The EFX there is not the PCR ABS version, but the fiberglass LE one similar to MR LE. Not perfect but still a cool helmet (light years ahead the MR CE/EFX PCR plastic one), especially since we didn't get any other Hero helmet out so far.

i want a hero one :(

I love the bubble lenses :p

It sounds like you want it phas, just order it! :p

Yeah I bought I time 1hr ago. I just like it so I'll take one and nothing will ruin it for me just like my SS PF trooper I love that too. I like all of them because they all are close to the same to me.

The site I went to has so many weird helmets there really is no real way to make it. The people who made Star Wars made many different molds that it's silly to say what's right and wrong. While I can see many of the differences no after days of photo comparing I still can enjoy them all.

Too tall, too skinny, bad pose whatever I like them all.

For me the new troopers with today's technology better all be the same mold. I ordered the First Order PF Trooper even though I saw the nose angel is not perfect but it will be on my shelf regardless.

My Vader should be here next week so now I'll leave room for my Sandy next to my Potato Head lol.

HT is taking so long with their stuff but by the time they are POed these will be owned or near paid for.

Either way I give up in the screen grabs the NH S looks shorter and fatter but in some it looks the same as the PF. All the helmets and molds and angles just bleh.

i want a hero one :(

I love the bubble lenses :p

I always preferred the Stunt helmet, with the longer frown. Bubble lenses are cool, but barely visible if not close up (and a pain for trooping). The longer frown of a Stunt is very menacing. But if EFX will ever release their Legend Hero I might be in, but don't have high hopes.

Didn't you ever play find the 7 differences when you were a kid. Its not rocket science. Look at it and look at the real thing. this is crap. They actually pay someone to get it so wrong, that's what is wrong.

They actually pay someone to get it so wrong, that's what is wrong.

This is the part that is a head-scratcher. It would be interesting to hear from the artists involved in creating this...and ask why they felt the need to be so different from the source material. If not done on purpose, it is even more bewildering.

But, in the end I don't hate it and am still glad to have it ordered.

I emailed SS to see if they can address the issue with the sculpter or ask.

I will again refer to the starwarshelmets.com site where there are many different helmets and molds.

This may be wrong but with multiple molds and even mold issues in production none are truly right because there are many different kinds.

I didnt know you can get that dirty from being in "sand". mind blown.

I emailed SS to see if they can address the issue with the sculpter or ask.

I will again refer to the starwarshelmets.com site where there are many different helmets and molds.

This may be wrong but with multiple molds and even mold issues in production none are truly right because there are many different kinds.

Not really. The sandtrooper scenes were the first done so the helmets never changed. They changed them after for the standard stormtroopers.

My point was not really Sandtrooper specific it's just in general. The site says yes they used the ANH Stunt Helmets.

You know after putting those ANH stunt helmets side by side to the SS Sandtroopers helmet they are not that much different and if anything the SS version is cleaned up over the cruddy molds. Called my them poop is overdoing it.

I feel like I'm looking at a mix between the Stunt and Hero helmet on the SS. It has like s hero jaw and eyes and the rest stunt. If I could pick one thing not like them it would be the thickness of the area under the bubble lense the lense fits in.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Yes but where talking about the sandtrooper helmet and there is no reason the artists should have stuffed them up when they were all the same. Just like the ANH stormtrooper stunts and hero were the same. No excuse for a professional to get them so wrong unless there told to do a sloppy job.

They don't look the same to me talking about the Stunt and Hero. Besides the bubble lense it seems the jaw differs slightly.

Since the ANH Stunts were worn by the Sandtroopers according to the site I guess not having a bubble lense would be better. I never went to see them on my movie still.

Well I think it's not that bad looking at the pictures. I overlay them and it's not the POS it's been called. I actually wish it had fatter legs if I could change it at all. That and they should have called it a new born Womp Rat.

I'm actually feeling happy to get it as much as anything else. Been eyeing it for a long time.

dude if the ss trooper helmet was 1:1 size the jaw alone would be a full inch longer then a real helmet, the area around the mic tips is goddamn enormous and for some reason angled more than it should be as well

the jaw is way off, it's fine that you like it but that jaw is almost closer to the rebels lid then an actual one :p

They don't look the same to me talking about the Stunt and Hero. Besides the bubble lense it seems the jaw differs slightly.

Since the ANH Stunts were worn by the Sandtroopers according to the site I guess not having a bubble lense would be better. I never went to see them on my movie still.

Well I think it's not that bad looking at the pictures. I overlay them and it's not the POS it's been called. I actually wish it had fatter legs if I could change it at all. That and they should have called it a new born Womp Rat.

I'm actually feeling happy to get it as much as anything else. Been eyeing it for a long time.

I think I'm starting to see a subtle difference, and I prefer the Sideshow design to the original!

Back